“Tasty With Vegetarian Options”

Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #34 of 60 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stopped in for lunch and were very pleased with the options available (to satisfy a vegetarian/gluten-free diet). The stuffed grape leaves had wonderful spices beyond those you normally see. It was savory, a little sweet, and quite tasty. The Mediterranean salad was a good-sized portion and complimented by a balanced Balsamic vinegar dressing. The feta cheese and olives were above average.

We were almost alone in the restaurant. The décor was simple and the place was clean.

This is definitely a place to visit again.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We came in half an hour before closing time on a Thursday in June. It was mostly empty. We had salads followed by scallops for me and salmon for my wife. There were six tiny scallops in a brown vegetable sauce with a round molded scoop of rice. The salmon was grilled but raw in the middle and had the same molded rice scoop and a vegetable.
I would rate both the entrees as poor and quite overpriced.
Service was friendly but unprofessional.
If you want good food stop at the Damariscotta Grill in Damariscotta.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We decided to pick this restaurant for dinner. They put us at the table which is next to the computer where they enter orders - throughout the whole dinner wait staff would come by and enter orders in (waitress' butt was literally almost next to my face). When I said something to our waitress - all she said was "I cannot do anything about it. I am not the owner!" She was extremely annoying as well.
The food was good but way too overpriced.
Restrooms... I have no clue who designed this place, it makes no sense (the stall door opens into the sink! huh???)
Definitely will avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Since I travel a lot and i like foods from around the Mediterranean area I was stunned to see this when i stopped to fix my iPod in Freeport. It was 11:30 am and i hadn't eat breakfast so i went in.

I was surprised to see it is a Turkish restaurant is i walked in.

The service is excellent and quite friendly.

The Babaghannush was good but not outstanding and so was the Doner/Gyro. The meat wasn't spiced the way i prefer it but it wasn't the junk served in many gryo/kabob joints around the US. The amount of meat in the gryo was small but it was priced at 8.95$ and served with fried potatoes. The sauce was new englandized.

The Efes beer - I wouldn't repeat.

If I lived nearby i would be tempted to go back and try some of the mains but for a quick lunch it was fine.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The atmosphere and food were great. All of the choices were homemade and so many were healthy choices.