“A bit disappointed”

Cross street: Mallet Drive
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“A bit disappointed”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have eaten lunch here each spring and fall for the last several years. Always choose lobster roll and sweet potato fries (the buffet is tempting, but we just cannot eat enough to justify the cost). We always have marveled over the generous amount of lobster in the sandwich, but this year thought it was a bit skimpy. That struck us as odd, given the glut of lobster and its low price. Fortunately, the lobster salad was as tasty as ever; ditto for the fries. We arrived just before noon, which was lucky for us because as usual the restaurant filled. We were at a table close enough to enjoy the roaring fire.

Provo, Utah
“a traditional visit, worth keeping the tradition”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I go to Maine every other year or so and a trip to the Broad Arrow Tavern is frequently on the schedule. We love the Harraseeket Inn and spending time there is always a treat. We go often enough to forgive an infrequent disappointment. I don't know if the recipes have changed or the chef was "off" (at least 2 definitions of that word being possible) the night we were there. The Lobster BLT was underwhelming at best and the Bread Pudding, which we have ordered at least a dozen times, was mediocre. Thank goodness for the French Onion Soup ... and the wonderful Tavern/Inn atmosphere ... and the great servers.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Linda B
Ayr, Scotland
“Good lunch”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

One of the staff in LL Bean recommended this place and we were glad we had lunch there.

I had a lobster roll and my husband had the Italian sausage pizza. Both were very good.

Service was good and it is a lovely place.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Unforgettable Meal and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While on a foliage tour of New England we went up the coastline of Maine from Wells to Freeport and spent the night there. After reading reviews here and researching I decided to have dinner at this restaurant which is in the Harraseeket Inn on Main St. We had parked on the other end of Main St. and enjoyed browsing thru the shops and outlets etc. At the end of most of the shops is this Inn and restaurant. It was a beautiful place from the road and made very welcoming as they have a fire pit lit up for the guests to enjoy and on a crisp cool New England evening there isn't much better than a warm wood fire and lots of beautiful foliage to make a welcome scene. The staff and the inside of the Broad Arrow Tavern were as welcoming and warm. The decor is rustic Maine cabin for sure but cozy. The staff very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable of the menu and whats on it.
I had what is called "The Real Maine Meal" which is a cup of lobster stew, a lobster roll with fries and a micro brew beer. I don't drink a lot of beer but told the waitress what types of beer I enjoy and she brought me samples of different micro brews that were similar to the kind I like, which was very helpful. I then got my lobster stew which was similar to a bisque but not as thick. It had plenty of lobster meat in it and as a person who has enjoyed lobster for most of my 54 years I can honestly say that this was THE BEST lobster soup of any kind that I have ever had anywhere!! I would go to Freeport, Maine again just for this stew. The rest of the meal was excellent also and the homemade dessert I had which was a peach, blueberry and blackberry crisp was tops also. We enjoyed the meal and atmosphere here very much and then enjoyed the walk back to our car after dinner on the clean safe ands scenic Main St. of Freeport. If you get to Freeport go to this Inn and have dinner, you won't be sorry you did.

1 Thank dexter590
Tiverton, Rhode Island
“Rustic Tavern”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good food. Casual atmosphere. Friendly bar and restaurant staff. Wood fired pizza. Good for families.

Visited May 2013