“Good food, excellent service”
Review of Buck's Naked BBQ

Buck's Naked BBQ
Ranked #4 of 59 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Truro, Canada
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Daughter and I ordered pit roasted chicken, spouse ordered Pick 2, small brisket portion, jerk chicken was very good. 4th meal ordered was huge portion of meats with the Big Buck Combo, all consumed and enjoyed! We had a little issue with chicken, manager came to our table, and we were completely happy with end result. There is obviously great pride in the ownership of this establishment. We recommend

Visited November 2013

Maine
“Small Portions, High Prices”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Ate here with my son a couple of nights ago. I ordered the chicken and pulled pork combo. When the food came, I couldn't believe how small the portion was (both the chicken and pork). I asked the waitress if my order was correct and she said it looked I didn't get enough pulled pork on my plate. She said she'd send the manager over. A few minutes later, the manager appeared and I told her the same thing. She also said that it looked like I didn't get enough pulled pork. She went to the kitchen and then returned with a tiny bowl of pulled pork; honestly there wasn't more than a forkful in it. That's what you get for $16? I guess they just prey upon tourists; as a local, I won't be back.

Freeport, Maine
“Good food, otherwise average”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

As a local, have been many times.
The food is always good. We have seen the prices climb over time.
You have 4 choices for seating : near the kitchen, in the kids playground, near the front door, or in the bar. Pick the bar if you can.
Went for lunch today and were seated between the front door and the playground. Between the very loud music and the kids, it was hard to talk over lunch.
Service is always spotty.

Vermont
“Buck's - "Q" Done Right!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stopped in here for lunch om a Sunday afternoon. I had the "Dueling Ribs" platter - a 1/4 rack each of St. Louis ribs and a 1/4 rack of baby backs. One of the best things about Buck's is that they rub their ribs down before smoking them, then let the meat, rub and smoke do the talking - no "mop" of BBQ sauce on the smoker, that is left up to you and your particular taste in sauces.
The ribs were excellent. Great smoke flavor, great rub, great bark on the meat, overall a really great set of ribs. The platters all come with two sides - I had corn and baked beans - and all platters come with home made corn bread. Everything on my plate was really, really good. I inhaled pretty much everything that was put in front of me - it was that good.
My wife had the "Barnyard Sandwich" which was really great as well. Highly recommended. She ordered a side of sweet potato fries. Not sure how they set these up, but they do a really good job with the sweet potato fries.
All of their BBQ sauces are homemade and you can buy them at the restaurant to bring home. There are four basic styles - my favorite was the Juju sauce, although I did really like the mustard based sauce.
Atmosphere is very casual and laid back. This is a place where you eat your food more with your fingers than utensils. Pricing for both of us for lunch, INCLUDING a rack of ribs we brought home for our son was $55 including the tip. My wife's sandwich was $9 and my platter was $25.
Would I go back again? You bet! In fact, I would put this up high on my list.

Woodstock, GA
“Amazing Bluberry Haze BBQ Sauce”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had dinner here after a long day of driving and sightseeing from Bar Harbor. The Ribs and pulled pork were both very good. We loved the variety of BBQ sauces to try and I am a Blueberry Haze sauce fan from now on. I wasn't willing to buy a bottle of the sauce to carry with - thinking it might not fly well but the Wait Staff said it should be available online later in the year. We enjoyed dinner so much, we went back for lunch the next day before we left town. My husband said the burger was perfect and I had a nice salmon salad. We enjoyed the Southern BBQ atmosphere in an otherwise bland stay in Freeport.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Buck's Naked BBQ? Share your experiences!