“What a score!”

Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was recently in the area to do some shopping with a friend. I booked this hotel based on the ratings I had seen here on Trip Advisor.
So happy I listened to the people! What a great selection this was. The staff were impeccable. We arrived in around 10am(as we'd been driving) decided to check on the off chance we could get checked in early. Normal check in is...3pm i am pretty sure.
Anyway the agent was able to get us right in. We were impressed off the bat.
Any questions they were eager to help us out. One evening we were headed out across the street for dinner and asked if perhaps they'd had a complimentary umbrella we could borrow. They didnt. But management went as far as checking their own personal car to see if they could help us out. We appreciated the gesture for sure.
There were warm cookies at the front desk each evening, the continental breakfast had lots of options to choose from. There was coffee and tea available throughout the day.
The rooms were clean, spacious & well decorated .
One thing that my friend and I both mentioned was the fact that we both slept very well during our stay. For me I tend to wake through out the night and toss and turn alot in Hotel beds. This bed was comfy and the pillows were nice and fluffy. I slept great!
The wifi service was fantastic. Probably the best Ive seen in a hotel really. No issues with it at all.
We had no complaints!
The only complaint we had was the weather! It rained the entire time we were there until the day we left for home. It was gorgeous.. Hehe.
If ever in the area again--- I wouldn't think twice about Re visiting this fabulous Hotel.
Well done staff!!!

Room Tip: Only 3 floors to choose from. We stayed on the 3rd and it was very quiet during our stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
GMPWMFP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Hello from Maine, where we say "If you don't like the weather, wait a bit, it will change". Unfortunately, it took quite some time to change over during your visit! From the bottom of our Hampton hearts, THANK YOU for the wonderful review. We are honored you stayed with us, and shared your experience here on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you again, and perhaps the weather will cooperate on your next visit. Happy Travels, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is the fifth time that I have stayed at this particular Hampton Inn. It is not the most posh hotel I have ever stayed at, but it has always provided a solid experience. The staff is always friendly, saying hello as I leave and return. It is great to be at a hotel where you do not get nickel and dimed to death with paying for the Internet. Overall, I really have no complaints with the stays that I have had at this hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

From our team here in Freeport, thanks for giving us a great review! Your comments have been shared with the team, and we truly appreciate your business and the faith you have put in us. We look forward to visit #6! Happy Travels, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I really like this place, exceptional services, very good communication and well organized people. I am a bus tour organizer, and it is my third time booking approx. 20 rooms every time, and my passengers where very pleased with this hotel. They have good hot and cold breakfast included in the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hello from your friends in Freeport! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the five bubble review! We always have fun with your group, and we certainly hope to see you and your group again this coming fall. Until then, Happy Travels! Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. The refrigerator in the room and the microwave was nice to have. I would highly recommend this hotel if you have to stay for business or pleasure. It is close to Portland and is just outside the heart of Freeport.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hello from Freeport! We realize you have many lodging options when you stay in Freeport, and the surrounding area, and are very thankful you chose to stay with us! THANKS for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, and we sincerely hope to see you again soon. Happy Travels, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Reviewed 12 May 2013

it's fine but it's exactly on the edge of why I usually try to avoid Hampton Inn's unless they are new or newly renovated. it needs a major makeover. It's just a little bit on the shabby side. The staff was nice.

My room was fine but worn looking and with pretty inadequate lighting. And if you ever want to see what you'll look like in ten years, stay here. the bathroom lighting is poor. I thought my room was actually pretty clean until I got in the shower and found a large hairball on the shower wall which clearly wasn't mine. YUCK.

The location is decent but not really a good location for walking Freeport. It's just good cuz it's right off the highway.

if they re-do this place, I will stay here again. if not,, then no.

1  Thank bonsai35
GMPWMFP, General Manager at Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Hello from Freeport, ME. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel, and apologize for the state of your room. I would like an opportunity to speak with you concerning this, so if you have a chance to contact me at the hotel, I would appreciate it. Regarding your question about renovations, we are planning some for later on this year. I sincerely hope this incident does not prevent you from visiting us, or another Hampton, in the future. Yours In Hospitality, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were in the area for just 1 night and the Hampton Inn was recommended. Very nice place to stay - great price as well. Very clean hotel and very courteous staff. Allowed us to check in early. Close to Freeport shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello from Freeport! Please thank the person who made the recommendation about us, and thank you for staying and posting your experience here on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the feedback, and hope to host you again in the future. Happy Travels, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I took my daughter, granddaughter and her other grandmother visiting from Alabama to Maine on a mini roadtrip and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Freeport. The inn is not hard to find right off the interstate and situated local to all the stores and good restaurants in the area. The inn and rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff took great care of us and made sure there were extra fresh baked cookies around (for our granddaughter of course). These are great accomdations and I am planning on returning again in the fall.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hello from Freeport, Maine! Thank you for staying with us for your family getaway. We are very appreciative you chose our hotel for your stay in Freeport, and hope to see you again in the future. Happy Travels, Angela D'Amours, General Manager, Hampton Inn, Freeport, ME

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Freeport
Best Western Freeport Inn
Best Western Freeport Inn
#8 of 11 in Freeport
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport

Been to Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick? Share your experiences!