“Good location, and wonderful/typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed here 1 night in July 2009 with wife and toddler. The location is a bit of a walk to the heart of all the shops, but I have a little one and could have easily done it if I didn't have her with me. The location is still good as there's restaurants nearby and you really aren't that far off the beaten path.

We used the pool and it was very nice. The hotel was immaculate, rooms wonderful and every very clean like a typical Hampton Inn should be.

I would definitely stay here again, it's a great value and good location.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2009

We found this hotel signposted off the freeway, when we were fed up driving in the rain and looking for a place to stay for a night.
The receptionist was very friendly and gave us a good room rate. The room was lovely and spotlessly clean and we would recommend it to anyone. The continental breakfast is a nice start to the day.
The outlet shopping is great and we picked up a few bargains. We ate at Gritty McDuffs, which is in walking distance, but the beer was better than the food!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and everything was great! The room as well as all the general areas were clean, staff very friendly and breakfast was good. I was hoping this would be within walking distance to the shops downtown, but it really wasn't. I would estimate it was a good 30-40 minute walk. We would not hesitate to stay here again next time we were in the area!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2008

If you want to be treated with the courtesy of the Ritz and the warmth of Mom's, this is the place to go. From excellent rates, to smiling, attentive staff, to clean rooms, this place has it all!

We are locals who stayed here during the recent ice storm. I can't get over how warm & friendly the staff was to me & my family. Breakfast was a wonderful family time, overseen by Ellie & Connie who appeared truly interested & invested in our comfort.

Thanks for making a rough time go much easier, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2008

During our stay in Freeport, we stayed at the Hampton Inn. Not only was the room comfortable and breakfast delicious, BUT the hotel staff became my heroes. We left Freeport and arrived near Augusta before I realized I left my very expensive ear rings in the room. We went into Augusta and in a panic, I called the Hampton Inn explaining my problem.

The housekeeping manager went into the room and at first didn't see them. I called later that day, and they had found my ear rings. They immediately put them in the mail to me and I got them today. What a relief to have them back! It gives me a renewed faith in the fact that there are HONEST people out there.

Thank you so much to the employees at the Hampton Inn. Keep up the good work and may Santa leave something extra under your tree for your honesty. (Hey, Santa Manager...do you know how valuable your workers are?)

Trish

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 14 September 2008

This Hampton Inn is in a great location, a very short driving distance from Freeport outlets/L.L. Bean. It's nicely placed off the road and up on a hill. It was a fine hotel, just like most Hampton Inns. Seemed very clean and it was actually pretty quiet at night as well.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2008

No less than 10 minutes in our room we started hearing the people next door to us talking. It was as if they were in the hallway. Their voices were so easily heard through the walls that I could hear every word at a normal speaking volume. The walls must be devoid of insulation and the building was obviously built poorly years back. There is no way you could have privacy in this hotel. So beware. We knew we would not be able to sleep especially with our own 3 kids so we decided to leave. When we told the front desk our situation the manager looked at us and just knodded (she must have gotten this complaint many times before!). She seemed to not care less that we were not satisfied with the accomodations. She could have showed some hospitality and said "I'm sorry to hear that or can I do something to help you, etc..." Conrad Hilton would be turning in his grave with the lack of hospitality we got from this hotel. Avoid this hotel if you want a restful nights sleep. Go 1 mile down the road to the Hilton Garden Inn. It's couple of dollars more but boasts an inviting lobby, pleasant staff, and only two blocks walking distance from the Freeport shops.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank albumm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freeport
Hilton Garden Inn Freeport Downtown
Best Western Freeport Inn
Best Western Freeport Inn
#8 of 11 in Freeport
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brunswick Freeport

Been to Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick? Share your experiences!