“excellent value for money”

Super 8 Freeport Brunswick Area
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 23 August 2014

a very decent hotel, very pleasant and warm hospitality, very nice and friendly hosts, well equipped room , clean room, excellent value for money. short drive from downtown. simple and decent breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
super_8freeport, General Manager at Super 8 Freeport Brunswick Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you writing us a wonderful review on here. We appreciate all the complimentary words you used. We are also very glad that your stay with us was comfortable.

We hope that you stay with us again and have even more enjoyable stay after renovations!

Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the hotel several times. Friendly staff, no issues. Beds are more comfortable that most in this price range, which is important to us. The breakfast area can be a bit crowded in the morning, but I guess I just need to get up earlier. We usually just skipped breakfast because of the crowd and lack of seating. Great location, right on Route 1, right down the road from Route 295 and Freeport.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you and we appreciate the time you took to write us a great review. We value all of our long time guests at our hotel. Thank you also for your compliments for our staff; I am glad to hear that our staff is doing a wonderful job by acquiring the guest's needs.

We will be adding a few more seating in our breakfast room later this year so more guests will be able to enjoy our free deluxe continental breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope yo see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I decided to stay one night at the Super 8 hotel in Freeport because I had a walk in coupon that I had found on internet for 85$ a night (search for it you will find it !) ..once at the counter the manager told me that he wasn't taking coupons that night and charged me 146$ for the night ????....I should have walked away but we were too tired to go anywhere else (cranky baby in the back seat...!!)the room was dark, stinky and the hwy behind was soooo loud...not worth what I paid for, for sure...the breakfast was very limited and not very healthy...I would never stay there again...

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotels close to the HWY...
1  Thank bebestorm

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had here. The walk in coupon rate is based on availability ONLY. It is written on the coupon only 10 coupons daily are accepted and we had already taken that amount for that night.

Unfortunately, majority of the hotels located on Route 1 have the similar issue with the highway being so close to us.

Thank you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Reviewed 17 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The overall appearance is nice and the staff were helpful. The Wi-Fi was terrible kept losing it. The TV satellite went out so couldn't watch. Walls are paper thin. I was woken up by the cleaning staff outside my door. There was a 6in. black stain on one of my towels hanging from the rack. How the maids missed it is mind boggling.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super_8freeport, General Manager at Super 8 Freeport Brunswick Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing us a review. We would like to apologize for the Wi-Fi and TV issue. We called both DirecTV and our internet provider and it seemed because of the bad weather that was happening on the night of your stay, it was the whole surrounding area that was experiencing the same problems.

I did talk to my housekeeping staff about the cleanliness of the towel as well as the housekeeping supervisor; that is not acceptable by any means and I would like to apologize to you for that as well.

We hope that you give us another chance to accommodate you again and we know that your next stay with us will be more enjoyable and comfortable.

Thank you.