“Value For Money”
Review of Little Lodge

Little Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Walcote B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The Little Lodge B&B has no pretentions, it is a good, honest, clean, place to stay, & good value for money.
I have used it twice when visiting old mates in the area & have been looked after perfectly.
The pub next door does very decent Thai food in the evening, be careful when ordering, the portions are huge.
The house wifi connection is strong & stable, vital for me when I'm away from my business.
I will always use this B&B if I am in the area, it ticks all my boxes.

Room Tip: I have had the single room with the dormer window the twice I have stayed, I like it because you can...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Little Lodge

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just stayed one night, but made very welcome. Warm, clean and comfortable en-suite room (double bed, even though I was travelling alone). Coffee making facilities & TV in room, but also big TV in dining room. Good traditional English breakfast, but other options available. Off-road parking.

The proprietors live nearby next to the pub. The doorbell to the B&B rings in their house, so there may be a slight delay while they cross the road rather than opening the front door to you directly.

Little Lodge is just a mile from the M1 Lutterworth junction. That town has a selection of pubs, a chippy & other take-aways, but I found the Tavern opposite the B&B very good. English cuisine until 4pm, Thai cuisine from 5pm. Very tasty, with some quaffable local real ales, and no need to drive back to the accommodation!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank saltsman
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Business travel means that you have to take what you can, often for convenience rather than comfort, and whilst I had some slight trepidation choosing a B&B rather than a full-service hotel it was in the comfort of knowing it was less than a mile away from my 07:15 appointment the next day.
The 'Little Lodge' lives down to its name in that it is a B&B converted from a small, detached residential bungalow in a village not far from Lutterworth. Having chosen their most expensive option (en suite), booked it via 'www.laterooms.com', I wasn't expecting too much and was very pleasantly surprised. Signposting how to get in was a tad lacking as the B&B shared a car park with the pub next door, but once inside the welcome was wonderful; the owner couldn't do enough to make me feel 'at home'.
I have two minor quibbles;
1) Read the small print on Laterooms.com's website as the stay was 'cash only' and finding the £45 wiped me out! Not the Little Lodge's fault but a combination of book in haste and small print being just that - small!
2) Whilst comfortable enough and with free wifi, the room lacked a desk and chair and the option of perching on the end of the bed with Laptop really isn't conducive to work.

Nonetheless i would recommend this B&B for anyone working away and on a budget, the breakfast promised to be special, it is a comfortable easy to access piece of accommodation and once you know the rules very worth the money.

Room Tip: I like my creature comforts and if you can go for one on the back of the B&B - way fro raod nois...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed at this B&B for just one night, whilst visiting family in the area. The owner, Andy was very helpful and very friendly. Upon arrival you are asked to call him and as he lives just across the carpark, he was there in 2 minutes! Andy welcomed us in and showed us to our lovely double room. He also explained about the set-up of the property, showing us the gardens, breakfast room and explained the fire exits. I am guessing that this is essential to his business, as there are only guests in this building as he is across the road. The room was pleasant with a lovely little tray of "goodies" that we could purchase and of course our complimentary tea and coffee. The breakfast served the next day was very nice and cooked by Andy himself. Andy is a very welcoming owner and his service is very good. The only thing about this place (but I cannot speak for the other rooms - we were in room 2) was that the shower door was broken and there was no bedside table on one side of the bed - even though there was space for one. The bedding could also do with updating!

Room Tip: If you get room 2 - make sure that the sound of the running water (the water feature in the garden...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilacflower1998
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walcote
Greyhound Coaching Inn
#2 of 6 in Lutterworth
Jasmine House
Jasmine House
#1 of 6 in Lutterworth

Been to Little Lodge? Share your experiences!