“peaceful weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Sagadahoc Bay Campground
Reviewed 27 May 2013

started out our year looking for someplace small, quiet and waterfront. not easy but we ran across this campground. this place is peaceful and no business atmosphere. We arrive and my wife looked at me and said are you sure. there were no other campers and it looked like a big field on the ocean. well it is a bi field on the ocean but they are campsites with w/e with some with sewer in the middle of the field. no backing your camper in just pull up parallel to the water edge. sit in the camper or out front and watch the tide go. there is no playground, store, pool horseshoe pit or other commercial items it is a simple nature campground. owners we chatted with and very pleasant. they did have wireless internet and other campers started coming. great weekend great price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank toys4dad

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I found Sagadahoc Bay on the internet.and called in August & made reservations for mid October. Paid over the phone for their very best campsite and was assured it had some privacy, oceanfront, views and the ocean sounds I craved. Arriving on the arrival date, I paid the balance and was directed to a different campsite from the one I RESERVED. I knew the site number was different so I asked the owner about it. The owner did not willingly admit this, so I had to encourage her to be honest. She explained that an RV was using the site I had reserved and she didn't know how long they were staying. Apparently, they don't know the meaning of reservation!! I tried to make it work, but the campsites were HORRIFIC! There is no privacy and the "ocean" it is on is a mucky bay so there are no buoys to hear. They never informed me by email or at arrival of changes. They didn't charge me less for the unequal (in their eyes) campsite. I finally got a FULL refund and unfortunately had to spend the night in a hotel. Another thing - We checked the bathrooms and they were disgustingly filthy. I imagine they cater to RV's who use their own bathroom and not the campground's. The tent platforms were broken (missing boards!), sagging in the middle and filled with water, surrounded by soft earth and mud. Honestly, it didn't look like they were even used during the summer before I got there. The non-platform sites might have had room to park a vehicle, but not a tent too and I couldn't find a level one. I drove/walked the entire campground (it's not very big) DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME & MONEY ON THIS PLACE.. unless you have an RV and don't mind a very dishonest and more rude hostess!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Iris E
M0nty1, Owner at Sagadahoc Bay Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Your review was helpful. We have made great strides to the bath house installing a water filter. It is unfortunate that the water made the showers and toilets look as though they were not cleaned, but they were. Every day. All the platforms have been repaired or eliminated. We would encourage you to visit the sites on the water as we are installing a brand new bath house for 2014. Again thank for taking the time to review and I hope you can get a chance to come back and see the changes.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

The bathrooms and showers were filthy - toilets clogged, no T.P., filthy sinks, floors, showers, cobwebs from the ages, torn shower curtains, really poor layout and wasted space, and just really filthy - and I'm not that picky! These were the worst bathrooms I've ever seen at a campground. We complained twice and they seemed to have trouble getting someone to fix things or clean up. In addition, we had to drive our pickup and pop-up camper to the end of the rutted dirt road, strain in a tiny space to turn around, and then head back to our campsite, in order to be able to maneuver it into that campsite. And you could see the ocean from the campsites at the end of that road but there was NO access, so our kids and grandkids had to walk all the way up the rutted road and up the paved road - about a mile to get there. No activities, no playground for the grandkids, no nothin'. And there were many spots that held water and those campsites were especially buggy. And it was expensive! There were 6 of us, August 2012, and we will never go back there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Faye R
M0nty1, Owner at Sagadahoc Bay Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

We do understand how frustrating non-responsive management can be. We have updated our training and have made great strides in updating our campground. We would like to invite you to come as a guest for one night and show you all the improvements. We listen and hopefully respond the best we can. Thanks for your input.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I called them to ask about their cancellation policy. I booked on the 13th of this month, called back two days later and was told that I have to cancel 45 days out. Well, seeing that I only booked two days ago... that is impossible. I was then told that that is how it works in the camping industry. That said, I work in the hotel industry and know "how it works"... and as long as you cancel outside of 24 hours, YOU GET YOUR $$ back. Most of the time, even if someone cancels within 24 hours, they still give your money back... because it's GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Never mind that she told me at the beginning of the call that she had people who would take the site! Ugh, amazing!

In the end, she cancelled my reservation (even though I had not requested it!) and gave me my $ back... and I thank her for that. But, her customer service and policy are in need of a heavy review!!

I would recommend that they advise on the cancellation policy (as hotels and other campgrounds do) while on the line with customers... before they actually make the purchase.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank FreqIndivTrav

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We used the campground's website to "reserve" a tent-site on the water or at least we thought we did. Apparently, even though I gave them all of my personal info - including 13 digit credit card # and expiration date, I had only made a REQUEST for a campsite, not a reservation. Seriously, when was the last time that you had to give out your credit card info for something other than a purchase or reservation - not a REQUEST?!? We drove over an hour to find out our spot was taken. Their website still said there were lots of sites available (not true). We were offered one as a replacement - one with a "view" of the water (more like a glimpse through other folks campsites that were painfully close with zero privacy and awesome proximity to the port-o-potties), but opted to turn around and head home instead. Eric at the desk was less than helpful. He had no clue how the on-line registration worked and gave the impression that they were too busy with everything going on there to keep the website up-to-date with accurate availability information.

Room Tip: Do not use the on-line reservation site. Call and do not talk to Eric. Talk to Pat.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Brandon B

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Me, my wife and our dog spent two nights on site 137. We made the reservation last minute and still snagged a site with a view of the bay. Overall good experience. Campground was remote, surprisingly quiet, and only a short walk away from a beautiful beach and a great view of the bay.

Our pros - location to the bay, views of the bay, water spigot on site, friendly staff, lobster delivered to your site, dog friendly

Our cons - porto potties, full bathrooms not close, dirty bath house, site close to each other

We'd definitely go again but get one of the sites with a waterfront view. This campground isn't close to many attractions. Grab a bite to eat a five islands down the road, check out the beaches at Reid State Park, or the town of Bath nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank LosCangrejos
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We rented a cabin at the campground for a week. The location was great, but we were very disappointed in our cabin! It was supposed to sleep 6 people but there were only spaces for 5, and the pull-out sofa bed was awful. The lawn was not mowed. We ended up picking up after the owners' dogs and picking up trash that was strewn over our yard area by animals because the owners had neglected to pick it up before nightfall. There was no screened-in porch, and the bugs were bad. What a waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Momoftwo06
M0nty1, Owner at Sagadahoc Bay Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We do take all reviews very seriously and we have taken steps to make sure the grounds are clean and well manicured. This cabin is set up for 5 people not 6 and if a customer shows up with 2 extra people, which we did not charge for, there is a struggle to come up with the extra accommodations. The pull out bed has an air mattress but is not included because not everyone wants the air mattress. We would have gladly provided one had they indicated they wanted one. As for the cabin itself, our cabins are deluxe cabins and have never had any complaints regarding their cleanliness.

Been to Sagadahoc Bay Campground? Share your experiences!