“Good food and a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Osprey Restaurant

Osprey Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brunswick, Maine
“Good food and a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Having had several boats at the marnia where the Osprey is located, we have dined here quite a bit over the years. Each year they do tend to get a new chef, so one never knows what to expect. This year we have been there for lunch, dinner, snacks, and just drinks.

The drinks are always great, but the food, depending on the chef, could be hit or miss. This year though, we have had sveral good experiences. Having tried the Steak Tips, Lobster Mac N Cheese, Short Ribs, Nachos, Fried Haddock, most portions were what one would expect, with the exception of the Fried Haddock. That portion was far to small a piece of fish for a local Maine establishment.

I try the lobster mac and cheese and many places, and this non-baked version was very good, with plenty of lobster for the price - $22.

They have specials throughout the week on both drinks and food - tough to beat the Sunday $4 Bloody Mary's on the deck.

• Visited June 2013

“Local who will not go back unless I hear of vast improvements.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant several times last year and loved it. Tonight we went and I ordered the scallops with asparagus risotto. I know scallop dishes tend to be small, but this was ridiculous. It had 8 medium scallops with 1/2 a cup of risotto and two asparagus spears cut up. The whole plate was also luke warm. They don't serve salad or bread with the meal. It was not inexpensive either. My husband ordered the steak frite and it came a a large steak instead of tips as described on the menu. The bread pudding was also dry and luke warm. My mother-in-law got the strawberry shortcake and they used frozen berries, a shame for a summer dessert. This restaurant is too expensive to be serving this kind of food. I won't be recommending it anymore. The view is still beautiful.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Yukonmackenzie
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Good food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

This restaurant is off the beaten path for a tourist, but I have a friend in the area and suggested this as the place to eat.
My first visit was two years ago with a 50th reunion of some members of our wedding party, Everyone raved about the food and view.
I still remembered the haddock sandwich and this year, I ordered it again. I was not disappointed.
I have only eaten here for lunch and I would assume that the dinner menu would be equally as great.
There is a great view of the ocean from the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
“Love the deck!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

This is my favorite spot on the water! The food is always fantastic with a great menu. It's small and intimate, unlike some of the other places on the water. I have never sat inside and don't plan to! Service is excellent also, keep up the great work!

Pine Mountain, Georgia
“Great food and even better view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

We rented a houseboat moored in Riggs Cove and dined at the Osprey because it was so close. The views of the harbor are tremendous; the service is friendly and attentive; the menu was interesting and food was very good. The beer and wine list was excellent. The clam chowder and Lobster Mac were both so good on the first night that we came back for dinner again the next night just to have them again. There are binoculars near the tables so that you can watch the Osprey nest and other doings in the Cove, and the bar appears to be quite lively with regulars from the marina.