I personally think this location is a little slice of heaven for anyone wanting to explore, relax or host an event. You can sit on the huge wraparound porch and read a book while watching the ocean or skip over to the state park and explore. We are seasoned travelers from Key West, Napa/Sonoma Valley, Durango, Yosemite Valley (Ahwahnee Hotel) to Hawaii (Four Seasons Hawaii). This view ranks amongst the best I have ever seen. This property and view will not disappoint the traveler wanting to see the coast of Maine and stay first class in a bed and breakfast.
My husband and I stayed at the tail end of an eight day Maine trip. We had the unexpected treat of staying on a week night when things are typically slower. On first arriving we were caught speechless once we rounded the property porch to the entrance. The view from this ocean side property is one of the most serene and breathtaking views I have personally ever seen. Upon entering we were greeted and hosted all evening by the one of the owners Dick. He made us feel at home and personally saw we were comfortable. He served us and the other guests evening cocktails. He left no need unattended. Charming host and obviously someone loving what he is doing. The B&B itself is beautiful. The woodwork and detail to decorating are inviting and cozy without being stuffy or too dark. It has a top notch restaurant and full bar (excellent wine selection). We stayed in one of the turret rooms on the 3rd floor facing the ocean. On waking we were treated to one of the most spectacular views of an ocean side sunrise I have ever had the pleasure of viewing. We enjoyed the view and breakfast so much we skipped our planned excursion to the state park to sit and stare at the view and relax. The B&B itself is newly renovated and updated. We had the good luck on a slower evening to get to explore the beautiful property and hotel in its entirety. The only regret is that we did not have 2 more full days to stay. We will be remedying our regret and missed state park excursion by planning another trip next year to this same destination. That we are already planning another trip in itself speaks volumes.
I included pictures. Did not put room pictures as they did not turn out well and did not want to show them in a bad light no pun intended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grey Havens Inn on the rocky shores of midcoast Maine has been completely renovated and is open under new ownership! Eve and Dick look forward to welcoming you all back to the NEW Grey Havens Inn! Our fine dining restaurant "BLUE" features fresh local fare. Enjoy cocktails before or after dinner on the expansive deck or in bright and inviting great room. Make your reservations soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Grey Havens Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grey Havens Hotel Georgetown
- Grey Havens Inn Maine/Georgetown