“Looking for a beautiful b&b?”
Review of PineCrest Inn

PineCrest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gorham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed at PineCrest Inn for two nights the first of October 2013. It is conveniently located within driving distance to Portland. First, the inn keepers are warm and friendly, letting you know what to see in the area. Rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The inn provides a wonderful restaurant where we had an excellent dinner our first night and a beautiful breakfast for two of our mornings. I would highly recommend the Inn and if, by chance, we would visit Portland again, would stay here.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor..and it worked out beautifully. It had a sitting room w/tv, bedroom...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My friend and I usually meet in Portland for the day at least once a year and we decided to plan something different for a change so when I found the Pine Crest on the internet it sounded perfect but you never know for sure.. Well it was as good as everyone said if not better.
We had a wonderful stay here and the breakfast was scrumptious and the dinner at 91 South was wonderful as well. I think our new meeting place will now be the Pine Crest every year.

Room Tip: We shared the Newport which was excellent for girlfriends and very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

For our honeymoon, we decided to tour Maine. Portland was on our list but the options for b&b's in the area was lacking...until I came across the Pine Crest Inn. It's located a very convenient drive to Freeport and Portland and is worth the extra few minutes in the car. I'm honestly suprised to see any negative reviews, after our stay, the Pine Crest is the bar to which all other b&b's will be held in our eyes. The room was beautiful and we had our own private entrance outside. It was cozy and comfortable yet modern. We were lucky enough to arrive on a Saturday and were able to enjoy dinner at 91 South, the onsite restaurant. It was the best meal we had our entire honeymoon. We are STILL talking about it. The breakfasts they serve are hearty, creative, and so delicious and fresh. They got my husband to eat foods he would never have tried before...and he LOVED them. Let's just say weekend breakfast at the house is now very boring, we miss Pine Crest breakfast! Matt and Amy were both wonderful. The first night we came back to our room after a full day of exploring Portland, there was a lovely note with a piece of amazing hazlenut torte and two forks for the "honeymooners" to enjoy. We were so impressed by every aspect of our stay and have not stopped talking about it since. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in the Pinecrest Inn for a recent kayaking trip to Sebago Lakes. The Inn was incredible! The décor was beautiful, room was spacious, impeccably clean and there is such a fine attention to detail given to their rooms and amenities.
The private spacious bath en suite was stocked with cute coffee station, bath robe, hair dryer (great with ample 1875 watts) lotion and other little necessities I wasn’t expecting but greatly appreciated. The breakfast served each morning by Matt and Amy was incredibly delicious. We stayed 3 nights and breakfast each morning was a different variety of sumptuous delights (from scrambled eggs with feta and chives to pancakes with homemade syrup to croissant bacon and egg sandwich). Each breakfast was always accompanied with fresh fruits, fresh OJ and coffee with just the right hint of cinnamon. We stayed for dinner on one night and it too was amazingly delicious. We also had the pleasure of being entertained by a trio of Maine’s local jazz favorites. It truly made for a relaxing entertaining dinner experience. Our hats off to Amy and Matt for taking such pride and care in their Inn and producing such a fine establishment. We had such a wonderful experience staying at the Pinecrest Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was in town on business. This was my 7th week in a row traveling. I was please to find friendly owners and a really really super, well cared for room. It was so fabulous I extended my stay an extra day!

Matt gave me great recommendations for places to have my three dinners. Amy gave me the name of an awesome seafood market.

The room was cute and the breakfasts were delicious. There were a few finiky guests while I was there and Amy/Matt made sure to taylor their breakfasts as requested. I was impressed with the attention to detail. It sounded as though they hit it on the mark with those individual.

Room Tip: I stayed on the bottom floor in a front room and it was fine. I couldn't hear the traffic or peo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bubbyNY
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon, and our room (the Gorham) was gorgeous and kept spotless. The breakfasts were upscale, creative, and delicious. Matt was out of town but Amy was friendly, gracious, and warm, and met our every request. The dinner was an amazing, intimate, romantic fine dining experience with a live jazz trio. I would love to stay here again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Gorham was spacious and beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Starlyric
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon. I'm impressed by how far this B&B exceeded our expectations! The room was extremely clean and comfortable, the breakfasts were fresh, delicious, and beautiful, and the innkeeper Amy was incredibly friendly and helpful with advice about the local area.

The restaurant at the inn is worth going to even if you don't stay at the B&B. We enjoyed top-notch drinks, appetizers, soups, and meals that creatively highlighted local ingredients. During dinner a local jazz trio expertly set the mood. The atmosphere was intimate and welcoming, and the service was excellent.

I can't say enough good about this place. If you're thinking of staying in Portland, stay here instead. It's not far away. Be sure to reserve a spot for dinner at the inn's restaurant.

You'll be amazed at the personal service the owners provide. You can tell they love their jobs and want to do whatever they can to make sure you have a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to PineCrest Inn? Share your experiences!