“Not a Typical Chain Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amato's Sandwich Shops
Ranked #7 of 23 Restaurants in Gorham
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I were a little hesitant to try Amato’s as it appeared to be chain based out of Portland, Maine. We are not fans of chain restaurants as we prefer to eat at locally-owned establishments. With few options available to us that evening in Gorham, we decided to try the chain restaurant that was founded 105 years ago. Upon entering, one notices the huge glassed-in refrigerators with a bountiful of beverage choices. This includes beers, wine, sodas, and bottled water. There is ample seating off to the left side. The choices of Italian food was overwhelming. My husband and I both ended up with their Eggplant Parmigana sandwich. It was absolutely delicious with a great tasting marinara sauce. If you want some of their marina sauce to take home, they have bottles of it for sale. The place claims to deliver “only the best tasting and freshest meals daily”, and we wholeheartedly agree. While you in Gorham, you can count on Amato's for a great tasting meal at an inexpensive price.