“larry brooks”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The best great food very nice people the owner very nice I will be going back they were kid friendly it was warm in there good prices

1  Thank Larry B

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Broasted chicken, specialty of the house is actually fried. OK but not great. Interesting clientele, moose hunters, trekkers. Interesting and friendly conversation.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This local restaurant remains very well deserving of a visit. The jewel of a waitress lovingly tended to all the locals that came in. Even though we were clearly tourists, she managed to squeeze in a great deal of time to engage in a discussion with us and express interest in how we enjoyed the visit. She was going on an anniversary vacation with her husband and asking locals about best places to go so hope that went very well for her. The food quantity was substantial and waitress did not blink an eye in offering selections that would meet my husband's gluten-free menu requirements. You really must try this restaurant for the food and the warm experience. I should not have eaten so many of my husband's french fries, but they were very good. He could not enjoy my delicious broasted chicken because the waitress identified that it had a flour coating. If I were a local, I would absolutely be a regular customer. The restaurant staff clearly takes a great deal of pride in putting out a quality lunch product while making absolutely sure that the customers receive a very cordial reception.

1  Thank maxpr1
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Flatlanders isn't upscale by any means, but if you want a fantastic meal with reasonable prices, it's the place to go. The fried chicken is sooo delicious it is hard to explain. I am a fried chicken fanatic and believe me, this rates at the top of my list. All of the sides are homemade, mashed potatos with creamy gravy, and the coleslaw is very good. Prices are very fair, and the selection of drinks good.

1  Thank Emory V
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had a couple of meals in Greenville and the surrounding area before going to Flatlanders. While we didn't have their famous chicken, we were surprised by the variety of food they did offer. Everything we ordered was great and the service was very friendly.

1  Thank willaa14