“Best Fried chicken”

Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Didn't expect to find the best fried chicken in this part of the world. The coleslaw salad is very good as well. Would go there again if given the chance considering the remoteness of Greenville, Maine

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I were in Greenville for an adventure race in June, and Flatlanders fast became one of our favorite places to stop in for a meal. I first wanted to visit when I saw that they had had a banner made up to welcome the race to show my appreciation. The restaurant has rows of tables made from polyurethaned tree slabs which added to the casual atmosphere. The BLT was delicious, made with slabs of thick wheat bread. The next time I went I tried the shrimp salad in the tortilla bowl. It was not what I expected (it was the small shrimp) but it was delicious. The service was friendly and if I ever have find myself in the Moosehead Lake area again I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place was recommended by so many local, that to be honest I was expecting more. The fried chicken which everyone kept raving about was nice but nothing different to the 1001 other fried chickens you've had. The price means that it is good value and lots of local dine there so it's good for people watching.

2  Thank Geoffwd
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Out of the 11 restaurants from Portland Maine to Patten Maine, that we ate at during our 10 day vacation. We voted Flatlander Pub in Greenville Maine the BEST out of all of them. We had breakfast at Uncle Andy's in South Portland Maine this morning. Even after a food network channel make over that's going to be aired on TV next month, SUCKED and I was more then glad to tell them so. So here's to you my friends at Flatlanders Pub you are the BEST!!!!!

1  Thank LindaPeare
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visit Moosehead Lake several times a year and always eat at least one meal at Flatlanders. My favorite meal is the broasted chicken dinner. The meal includes half a chicken cut into three pieces. It always looks like too much but I always finish it. Cole slaw, french fries and a dinner roll (why?). My wife enjoys the fried clams and steak tips. They look good but I am always happy with the broasted chicken. The dinner "pairs well" with a cold draft beer. Good homemade deserts. Apple crisp, strawberry shortcake and brownie sundae are our favorites. They should offer chocolate ice cream with the brownie sundae.
This is a small place which fills up quickly during peak times. The staff is friendly and helpful.

2  Thank PeterTGardenCity_NY