“I really want to tell you that this Moose Safari/tour was horrible.”

Young's Guide Service
Ranked #2 of 12 Tours in Greenville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small family run outfit that specializes in personalized one on one guided trips. Whether you are looking to take photos of moose in their natural habitat, hike in and fish remote ponds for native brook trout or hunt a variety of game the Moosehead Lake area offers, we have a package custom fit for you. With years of outdoor experience in the Moosehead Lake Region we know exactly where to go so all you have to do is relax and enjoy your time here.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Why? So the next time I book another Moose Safari [and believe me, I will], I don't need the competition when it comes to scheduling it!

Chris is very personable, clearly knowledgeable, and has the uncanny talent to make you feel that you are getting preferred treatment [as in, a longer tour, for instance], while making sure he gets you back to your pick up spot in time for breakfast.

No early risers at heart here, the required early rise time put us in know mood for early chatter, and Chris let us 'ease into' our adventure while driving us to his prime spotting locations for Moose. As the morning progressed, sleepiness gave way to excitement as Chris located tracks, and the 'hunt' was on. Within minutes a mother and her calf were spotted. Pretty amazing.

I cannot recommend nor thank Chris enough for his professionalism, his clearly apparent passion for what his does, and for making our Moose tour a really pleasurable trip.

2  Thank J S
There are newer reviews for Young's Guide Service

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our early morning Moose Safari with Chris. It was just my family and so had the personal touch which made for a much better experience. He took us to the most stunning pond ever. The sun was just rising and the mist was rising off the pond and I was in absolute awe at the beauty of it and would have been happy even if we hadn't seen a Moose but of course we did, 3 in fact and we were close enough to hear them lapping up the pond weed and see the water dropping from there faces. My husband took some stunning photos and all in all we had the most amazing morning. It was a real pleasure to meet Chris and hear about life in the gorgeous Greenville/Moosehead Lake area. I cannot recommend Youngs highly enough!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Beth was the sweetest most wonderful woman for assisting in booking this guide. She is a lovely person. Chris knows his stuff and makes you feel comfortable while in the truck and on the lake, which is big for me. I don't really like the water much, he made me feel safe. He knew all there was to know about the area and every moose fact there is. He was polite and kind I felt like I was with and old friend, this was one of the best if not the best tour I have ever been on. Will recommend to others and will do again if in the area. His respect for moose and the environment meant a lot to me. From one Golden Retriever lover to another, give Sage a hug for us. Thanks again Beth and Chris, you are truly one of a kind.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I visited Greenville Maine just to look at the moose. After much research we found Chris and his guided tours. It was worth every second of research. Chris was very informative, professional, personable, friendly, and an all around great guy. We were his very first Missouri family and after talking with him we are pretty sure that in any conflict Maine and Missouri will be fast friends. Chris answered all our questions, took us where we wanted to go, and was great with our kids. We got really close to several moose and have excellent pictures. We learned a lot about moose as well as having some great conversation with Chris. Thanks for the wonderful and memorable time. Keep the faith brother.

1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We decided to book a Moose Canoe Safari and with the help of TripAdvisor we chose Chris of Young's Guide Service. Everything was organised efficiently through his wife Beth via email and it was arranged for Chris to collect us from our lodgings at 6pm. Right on time Chris arrived and introduced himself and during the half hour or so drive to the pond Chris filled us in on all things Moose !

The pond was tranquility itself and Chris got us on the water the two of us who had canoed before (some 30+ years ago) were trusted to have a canoe to ourselves, the females were expertly looked after by Chris and gave the appearance as if they were in the Maine version of the African Queen or similar !

Due to a boat containing noisy children Chris persevered looking for Moose without success so he made a judgement call to take us to another location. No Moose was not a deal breaker to us as experiencing the calmness and in the main tranquility of floating on the water was a vacation memory.

However a short drive away we parked in the woods and headed a few hundred yards to the shore of a lake / pond and as we came out of the trees we saw a large Bull Moose in the water a few hundred yards away and due to the silence we could hear his moving in the water when immersing his head to get food. Well within minutes there was another Bull Moose directly opposite us on the banks of the pond and then another. What a sight, what an experience,what a privilege.

We then drove back during which a young male ran across in front of us and stood nearby allowing us a look at him in all his glory. During the ride back to our lodging we were treated to other sightings of Moose and Deer all of which were spotted by Chris well before us mere mortals saw anything.

Overall this was money well spent seeing Moose was a bonus being out on the water initially in what was a tranquil calm environment was awesome. Chris is a man who obviously loves his job an readily accepts it is privilege work in the field he does and made sure we understood the large part his wife Beth played in the business.

Congratulations Chris and Beth you deserve every success with this venture.

1  Thank David-and-Theresa