“Really a lobster pound”
Review of Graves Seafood - CLOSED

Graves Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: They not only have a restaurant but sell seafood uncooked. they also have a variety store attached to resaurant.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When you go into Graves you need to understand that the place is not so much a "restaurant" but a "lobster pound". Anything other than seafood is subsidiary. We were there on a weekday evening. It was not very busy. The service was good and the waitress was friendly. I am not a seafood person! I do not like lobster! But my fishing partner thought that the lobster was great! It met all of his expectations for a Maine lobster. My spaghetti was nothing special. We would return again for the seafood.

There are newer reviews for Graves Seafood

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The restaurant was simple and very clean. The food and service were excellent and our server was witty, warm and a pleasure. The food was fresh with generous portions. You will love it!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We went for the lobster dinner. I was anticipating a large three pounder to satisfy my taste for lobster. I was very disappointed when they had only one and a quarter pounders. It was cooked OK and tasty, but wasn't all that much meat. The clam chowder was OK, not great but very expensive at $7 for a cup...we didn't see that coming until we got the check. Beer was cold, service very good, and the place was clean. I would not go back unless they had larger lobsters to offer.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We sat next to a couple at a local bar and asked them for a dinner recommendation. They both raved about Graves and said we wouldn't be disappointed. The man was a chef for alarge hotel chain in MA. The place is small and we got the last table. The two waitresses were hustling and doing a good job of taking orders, getting drinks, etc. We both ordered the broiled seafood dinner, which was served piping hot. We enjoyed our dinners and sadly did not have room left for dessert (all of which sounded really good).

1  Thank ELPC-Owner
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just came from this place. We went in hungry. My Husband is on a special diet and he eats only one regular meal a day and it should at least be warm. He ordered an un-sweetened tea. He took one sip and said wow. Take a taste of this to which I said sure. Oh My goodness what in the world is that taste. I think it's bleach he said. He told the waitress the drink was bad. She didn't seem surprised. He ordered the Surf and Turf. I ordered the Rib-eye steak with mashed potato and a side salad. And the waiting began. Food arrived. Surf and Turf consisted of a steak that was luke warm and lots of fat. The lobster tail was the size of a large shrimp...no really the size of a large shrimp. My husband asked for some melted butter for the pseudo lobster tail. He was told there was no melted butter. Waitress returned with three pats of packaged butter. Perhaps the lobster would melt the butter...wrong again said tail was not hot enough to melt butter. My husband walked to the kitchen and asked it to be microwaved. Problem solved. My mashed potato was cold, rib-eye luke warm. When asked by waitress how everything was...I actually told the truth - not very good I said. Believe this or not but this is what happened. If you decide to eat there..good luck.

2  Thank Mary S