“Truly one of the most breathtaking places I have ever been!”
Review of Blair Hill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Blair Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Unfortunately, I only had planned to stay at Blair Hill one night. But, it truly was well worth the trip. The owners, Dan and Ruth, are incredibly friendly and accomodating. The setting and actual struture and grounds are gorgeous. I was there at the end of the season for this part of Maine so the restaurant was not open for dinner but I have no doubt it would be fabulous.
I cannot wait to return to Blair Hill, hopefully with someone special next time as it truly is one of those places that needs to be shared.

Room Tip: There are eight rooms at Blair Hill and the website has pictures and descriptions of all the rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 November 2012

If only we could have stayed a few more days!
coming from Europe, we didn't know what to expect neither from Moosehead Lake, nor from a "B&B", so we booked just for three nights. Moosehead Lake and its surroundings where wonderful, but Blair Hill Inn was certainly the best Bread and Breakfast we ever stayed in. Ruth and Dan McLaughlin are the most wonderful hosts, we felt so welcome, so much at home. Accommodation is superb and my wife and me, we still talk of those gourmet dinners with the spectacular view and the most attentive service imaginable.
We will certainly come back. Thank you Ruth, and thank you Dan!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed here in October. This is the best Bed and Breakfast we have every stayed at. The owners are very pleasant and welcoming. The place is imaculately clean and organized. They have gone to great lengths to make sure that all details are covered. The view from the porch is one of the best I have ever experienced. Our room also had a great view, a wood burning fireplace, unique shower and a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was top notch. If we ever visit Maine again this place will be at the top of our list!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank COCOA_7
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The best! Beautiful historic property that is comfortable and with every amenity for a wonderful inn stay experience! The views of Moosehead Lake are spectacular! The owners are warm and delightful people. The meals are delicious and clearly prepared by a chef! The weather was co.d and rainy while we're there but the inn and the hosts made the stays wonderful experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobbara
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I can't even begin to say how wonderful our 3 night stay was at the Blair Hill Inn. What a beautiful place! We had room 7 which is on the top floor with panoramic views of Moosehead lake. The inn is lovingly restored. If there was a rating higher than Excellent I would give it. The inn was quiet, the breakfasts were "to die for" (lobster and smoked salmon omelet one day) and the dinner on Saturday evening was also delicious. Ruth and Dan are the perfect hosts. As my husband stated, it felt more like staying at a friends home than an inn. This is the highest compliment. Ruth was very helpful in planning our moose safari and pontoon boat cruises. There is this huge porch on the back where you can read and take in the views of the lake. Relaxing sitting areas on the main level to unwind at the end of the day. I did not want to leave. We can't wait to go back. My husband made fast friends with the inn's three dogs. They knew he was a dog person as soon as they saw him. Thank you Ruth and Dan for the best stay EVER!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pbfues
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We recently had dinner on "the Hill" after a friend have us a gift certificate. What a wonderful time we had!

We took our boys ages 12 and 13 and arrived 30 minutes early to have drinks and take in the breath taking view from the seats on the front porch. The boys had Shirley temples and my husband and I had champagne (they had Veuve!!).

Bonnie was our fantastic waitress and she didn't miss a thing. She was very attentive and pleasant.

The food was phenomenal. My sons and I had the shrimp springrolls and my husband had the roasted peppers for our appetizers and they were delicious. The butternut squash soup and house salad were yummy as well. Our 12 year old even commented on how tasty the soup was!

Our entrees were mouthwatering. We got the grilled salmon which was cooked perfectly!

Caramel cheesecake followed for dessert and we were stuffed!!

The whole dining experience was great. The views of Moosehead from the huge windows and the pleasant waitstaff made it an evening to remember.

It is quite pricey, but well worth it. We've been coming to Greenville for the past 5 years and own property up there and I asked my husband why we'd never gone before!! If you enjoy fine dining, then this definately is a "diamond in the rough".

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank MeeshaMB
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is the "est" of any B&B/hotels we have EVER stayed!!
We stayed for 6 nights in room #7(we called it the Blue Room) for my "special " birthday. The Inn is quite impressive as one comes upon Blair Hill & is restored magnificently by owners Ruth & Dan. One would think the outside was enough to impress, but upon your first steps into the foyer the real experience begins. The home is furnished in a traditional/ whimsical style, which reflects the owner's warm & artistic personalities... e.g.: the elegant variety of styles of lamps, their beverage coasters, the little jam holders used for the breakfast table, are just teasers to the other furnishings in the home.
There is not enough room for me to write of all the excellent qualities of the Inn, so i will condense the best i can:
room is well appointed,views are magnificent, breakfasts cooked by Dan were excellent & quite hardy:-), the 5 course dinners were remarkable, the front porch is such a delight as one's sits & enjoys the view, fantastic sunsets & weather, but most of all, the staff (all locals) could not have been more friendly & accommodating (thank you so much!).
I do believe we have found our home away from home while in the beautiful state of Maine and are looking forward to our next stay at the lovely Blair Hill Inn.

Room Tip: front rooms are more favored but all of the 8 rooms have lovely views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank doubletrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
#4 of 5 in Greenville
Gray Ghost Camps
Gray Ghost Camps
#1 of 5 in Rockwood

Been to Blair Hill Inn? Share your experiences!