“Great hosts”
Review of Birch Point Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Birch Point Cabins
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I are from Florida. We stayed for three days beginning July 14th in K1. The day we arrrived the high had been over ninety. We arrived weary and ready for a nap, only to find that the cabin had no air conditioning and the temperature inside was about 85 degrees. We never thought to ask about air conditioning. Our host met us there and helped us with our luggage as a thunderstorm came in, and had provided fans. He graciously showed us all the features of the cabin. We went back toward town to look around a bit and give the cabin a chance to cool down. When we came back, it was still about 80 degrees. I only mention this for those who may be visiting during the hotter months, however, no a/c is not at all uncommon for the cabins in this area. I imagine this would be no problem at all most of the time as the average temperature is generally in the 70's.

Overall, this cabin was far superior to most in the area in the same price range. The host and hostess were very sweet and helpful. They loaned us area maps, told us of certain services etc. The lake is crystal clear, and is refreshing. There is an almost constant breeze from the Lake. The nights cool off nicely, and the cabin cooled down after we left the windows open and the fans on. The cleanliness was SUPERIOR! The beds were very comfotable. We really enjoyed having coffee and breakfast down by the lake in the coolness of the mornings. It is quiet, and we enjoyed watching the chipmunks scurry around as well as the ducks.

They have a fire pit and fire wood down by the lake as well.

You will feel like you are visiting family, as the hosts are very helpful and available!

Room Tip: Beds comfortable, doorways to bedroom and bathroom quite small. Location is quiet, while still being...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Birch Point Cabins

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I stayed there in the K1 cabin for 2 weeks this september and we just loved it! The place is quiet, the lake is just outside and the cabin is cozy, sparkling clean and plesantly decorated. Pete and Elizabeth Labrecque are the perfect hosts, friendly, helpful, discrete and full of useful tips. We are definitely looking forward to go back!
Small flaws: There is no wardrobe in the K1 cabin
and, as other people suggested, it would not be a bad idea to cover the bbq area so to allow people to eat outside also during rany days.
And if you are planning a bbq ask Pete where to buy the meat! (Graves restaurant: Delicious!)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Miciola
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed in the larger K2 cabin during the fly-in weekend. The cabin was incredible; perfectly decorated, very comfortable and inviting. The lakefront location was terrific with great views. Guests have their own outside seating area with picnic table, fire pit and gas grill. The wonderful owners, Pete and Elizabeth, live in the house next door and are the perfect hosts. They were always available for suggestions and directions, and even some great conversation. It was a very memorable stay; can't wait to go back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bax_Delmar
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We recently spent 4 nights at the Birch Point Cabins, Cabin K1. The cabin was very cozy and beautiful woodwork etc. The location was great, for me--right on the lake but close enough to town. My friend, was hoping for something a little more remote but was happy with the cabin. The bunkbeads were comfy even though I'm not used to sleeping in one so I bumped my head a couple times. The loft was nice although I did not attempt the stairs to get up there more than once (and I only went halfway up). My friend stayed up there.

Pete and Ellizabeth were very helpful; recommending places to eat and go. We saw a bull moose based on his recommendation of going on the back roads in Kojodo.

Unfortunately during our stay we never once got a sunny day so the lake was not as beautiful as it could have been. It was always gray, and cold looking. Although we did put our feet in and it felt comfortable. And the clouds made for some interesting pics and scenes. Also it got a bit cold so we could not really sleep with the windows open so did not get to hear many loons. We did hear a loon when we were canoeing in lake near Kojodo on moose safari with Northwoods Outiffiters (Bill the guide was fantastic). We also saw 5 moose on that trip and bill got us up close. On our last morning before leaving we did walk down to the lake to say goodbye and a loon called out a couple times. Was like it was bidding us goodbye.

A couple recommendations for the cabin - to provide a bit more access to view the lake on rainy cool days...put on a small 3 season room or at least a covered area so we could sit outside and not get wet. Also a bit larger TV would be cool. Since it was rainy we resorted more to tv than we would have and it was very difficult to see the screen from the couch. But all in all a very nice place. If I get back, I will probably opt for K2.

Room Tip: Try to get K2.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Wow Moosehead Lake. What a wonderful vacation destination it was for my family. The activities included what seemed like unlimited hiking possibilities, riding in a seaplane, sailing on the Katahdin, shopping and just carrying on conversations with the locals who take such pride in their area. There was so much more we didn’t get a chance to do. But what added to make our vacation so memorable was our hosts at Birch Point Cabins, Elizabeth and Pete. Their accommodations were beyond our expectations. The K-1 cabin was so meticulously clean, beautifully decorated (Elizabeth did all the sewing, what a job!) and equipped with anything you might need. We utilized the kitchen and brand new barbecue grill to be economical and there was never a time I wished I had this or that to help prepare a meal. It was well thought out. In fact, every aspect of this cabin was well thought out. It felt like we were staying with family. The cabin location was great only a mile into Town. The views are tremendous. At dusk we would stroll down to lake and light a fire in the fire pit and watch the sun go down. Heaven.
Words do not do this location justice you have to see it for yourself.
One more thing, if Pete recommends the best place to get pizza or an ice cream cone don’t doubt him. He knows!

Room Tip: K-1 cabin was well suited for our family of three, although it easily sleep and fit the needs of fiv...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank knowltonfamily
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Staying here was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The LaBrecques have made a restful wonderland by the shores of Moosehead Lake.
My husband and I were travelling to Maine to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- In the middle of our trip we wanted to find a lake where we could relax for a day, maybe even have our own cottage, before heading off for more sightseeing. We arranged the reservation with Elizabeth based on the pictures we saw. We arrived late in the evening, and couldn't have been more surprised. I think many people expect a little cottage to have some cobwebs, some dust in the corners of the cabinets etc. This house is absolutely sparkingly clean and feels like it was built brand-new just before we arrived. Not even a spider! The decor is modern and fun, my favorite touch is the vintage framed Maine Fishing poster in the bathroom. The beds are very comfortable, the pillows are not lumpy and even the dishes are cute!
The lake is just outside the cottage, and is huge and deep blue with gorgeous healthy trees all around and happy little ducks by the dock. You can watch the steamboat Katahdin puff by when they run cruises, and watch seaplanes land and take off. We sat in the adirondack chairs by the shore wrapped up in blankets against the unseasonably chilly, but very sunny, weather. Heaven!
Greenville is just down the road, and was so much fun for poking around the stores and buying some Maine blueberry ice cream. Our favorite store downtown was Kamp Kamp, they had arrowheads, toys and Native American style jewelry in the front, and then really interesting lodge-style antiques in the large back room. Another fun activity are seaplane trips which are frequent on Moosehead Lake- you can go to other lakes, see the moose or just fly around as I understand it. We'll do that on our next trip. If you don't feel like cooking in the (beautiful, modern) kitchen, there are many fun places to eat in town. I'd especially recommend Auntie M's, we ate there every morning for breakfast. It was delicious, inexpensive, and early in the morning you see a lot of plaid flannel. :)
The LaBrecques were fantastic guides for us, directing us to the best moose-spotting sites and to delicious restaurants off the beaten path. With their help we saw total 4 female moose and one bull moose.
I really cannot recommend the Birch Point Cabins enough. There is so much to do, the folks in the village are so friendly, and the owners are new friends. Don't pass this up.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rachelareva
Reviewed 7 March 2010

took me a year to write this review! went on a valentines day snowmobile trip weekend, and what a weekend it was! everything possible could go wrong (bearing on trailer blew, i got extremely sick, windchill stayed at -20 the entire weekend), but is stil soooooo memorable. Pete and Elizabeth were friendly and welcome-able, cabin was very clean and comfortable, no complaints and a great time to be had. no other place we will stay except here for our next vacation at moosehead!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank igoldfrank
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Gray Ghost Camps
Greenville Inn at Moosehead Lake
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
#2 of 5 in Greenville

Been to Birch Point Cabins? Share your experiences!