We could feel the peace descend as we made the 3 hour drive from Portland to Moosehead Lake. The traffic became sparse and I swear there was more oxygen in the air (due to all the trees?). On arrival at the Lodge we were awed by stunning sunset views of Moosehead lake. Linda escorted us to the Loon room, which was our sanctuary for 4 heavenly days. The room, and entire Lodge was luxurious in comfort and details yet homey and relaxed. We enjoyed sipping coffee and cocktails on our own private deck while watching wild turkeys and waiting for a stray moose. The breakfasts were all wonderful and ample fuel for hiking and kayaking. The optional dinner service was upscale from the burgers and sandwiches offered in town (a 10 min drive down the road). We left the Lodge feeling rested and rejuvenated. If you enjoy the outdoors but like to feel pampered while on vacation, this is the spot. P.S. hiking in Maine is NOT for wimps!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking lake and mountain views at our romantic Greenville, Maine inn. Relax in masterfully decorated rooms and suites at our Moosehead Lake lodging with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, private decks, and luxurious linens and robes. Sit back in our pub with full bar and games, or enjoy our complimentary snacks, DVD library and Wi-Fi. Don't miss out on unforgettable breakfasts and sumptuous weekend dinners at this Moosehead Lake adventure lodge. Activities galore - many exclusive to the Lodge at Moosehead, a Select Registry Property. AAA 4 Diamond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Lodge at Moosehead Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Hotel Greenville
- Moosehead Lake Hotel
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Maine/Greenville