I want to be clear that this place was all you could expect. Our room was perfect. So clean, comfortable, and had everything. Every single detail is look after by the owner and staff. beyond top notch. The bathroom was great. Huge soaker tub with great shower.
Sitting on the porch at any point in the day is one of the best places to possible relax. Million dollar view? No way. Billion dollar view. Make sure to enjoy a beer or glass of wine out here as the sun goes down.
Service was top notch. nothing to be desired.
Food. Breakfast was fantastic. and there is always a little treat available anytime of the day. But take note that during the week there is no dinner served. saturday and Sunday only. no big deal, the fact that they have dinner at all is rare for a B&B. Think website hints to dinner anytime, could be wrong, but just saying.
There is a little dog there named Chloe. She is a sweetheart and just makes the stay a little better.
I want to touch on the moose safari. My wife and I basically decided to visit this Inn based on the opportunity for this experience. I'm sorry to say it was not what we expected or worth the money. Mark (the guide) is fantastic. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and fun. But this is not a special trip. first he takes you to place that any ordinary joe can find (as explained by him). In fact a family showed up right behind us that found the place themselves. We saw a few moose in the distant, was cool. Then drive for about an hour to a pond Mark has found and its a phenominal pond and setting. From there, we saw nothing. It's a total crap shoot if you are going to see anything. We saw nothing. I don't believe that it's worth the money for this trip. I was scared about it being a tourist trap before going and i'm dissapointed to say it is. But Mark is an awesome guy.
The Lodge at Mossehead Lake is a luxurious inn that can make anyone comfortable. It's worth the price to stay there. I felt I needed to give my opinion on the moose safari. But it really has nothign to do with the Inn itself as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking lake and mountain views at our romantic Greenville, Maine inn. Relax in masterfully decorated rooms and suites at our Moosehead Lake lodging with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, private decks, and luxurious linens and robes. Sit back in our pub with full bar and games, or enjoy our complimentary snacks, DVD library and Wi-Fi. Don't miss out on unforgettable breakfasts and sumptuous weekend dinners at this Moosehead Lake adventure lodge. Activities galore - many exclusive to the Lodge at Moosehead, a Select Registry Property. AAA 4 Diamond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lodge at Moosehead Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Hotel Greenville
- Moosehead Lake Hotel
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Maine/Greenville