“Good food, ambiance needs help”
Review of Francesca's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Francesca's
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Enfield CT
“Good food, ambiance needs help”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We dined at Francesca's in October; very few customers so it was very quiet; waitstaff was efficient; food was quite good; the decor could use some help to make for more intimate dining.

• Visited October 2012

Maine
“Great meal last night”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We had dinner last night and were happily surprised to have a fantastic dinner. Started with bread and a garlicy spicy olive oil dip. My wife had Chicken Carbonara which was garlicy, delicious, and had enough to take home a serving for lunch. I had risotto with mushrooms which was very tasty. When I asked the waiter how sthe chef could prepare risotto at the same time as other dishes the chef came out and gave us a great explanation of the secret of good risotto (every ingredient has to be hot when it is added, even the butter). Too full to have desert but they looked good, too.

• Visited October 2012
“DISPITE SOME REVIEWS WE LIKED FRANCESCAS”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We ate here Sept. 11 weboth enjoyed our dinners. Portions were large,. we each took homepart of our dinners to enjoy another day. There were many choiceson the menu. The waiter was attentive and very eager to please the customers.I had a veal dish ,my wife had a sausage and pasta dish, we both loved itWe will be going here again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Owen P
Bath, Maine
“Best thing was the bread! View was nice too from the porch.”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This place had been recommended to me by a friend who previously sent me to a GREAT restaurant. Sadly, they went out of business. I'm going to have to say, this place will too. It was empty on a Saturday nite. The special that night was "Pasta Primavera"- it was mainly re-heated frozen green beans that were rubbery for the veggie, and green/yellow peppers and carrots. It's the height of fresh veggie season here in Maine- and it was such an incredibly bad dish. Spouse did not like his "hunk of chicken" which was called Chicken Francesca- said the sauce was ok. Our friend said she did enjoy the Lobster Ravioli. Soup was awful, salad was so-so. They gave tiny slivers of bread prior to the meal with EVOO and garlic which was REALLY good! So good we asked for more since they were so frugal with the bread basket. When we asked for it again, they said they would have to charge for it. In all my years of going to restaurants, that was a first! We will not be going there ever again needless to say. Wish I had read reviews of this place prior to going!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Leslie N
Augusta, Maine
“hindsight is 20/20”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Sorry Francesca's.... horrible, over-priced food. $22.00 for 3 pieces of dried out, bland Manicotti.... are you kidding me?! Ordered stuffed mushrooms..... it was one big mushroom, tons of dry, uncooked stuffing inside and some gross sauce over the top that made the whole dish purple. Salad was wilted sour greens, and as I already eluded to, the Manicotti was a flop! Overpriced, lousy food, and not great service. Francesca's, you win my worst resturant of the year award!!!!

• Visited July 2012