“Lovely”

Joyce's in Hallowell
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Hallowell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indoor and Outdoor Seating on two levels overlooking the Kennebec River in Historic Downtown Hallowell. Casual Dining with a full menu and Daily Specials. Full Bar. Function Rooms Available.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Very nice, I would bring my family and friends here. The food was great and the owner Joyce was the best.

1  Thank connie r

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a very tasty, pleasant meal on the deck. A nice selection of food and beverages. Our meals and drinks were all fresh and tasty. The staff was delightful. The indoor seating looked very pleasant too. I will definitely return next time I am in the area. (One of our party actually did go back the next day and the staff remembered her too!) This one is a definite winner. I notice they had a sort of separate area inside that possibly could be reserved for special events?

1  Thank OutdoorBoomer
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Our 1st time at this restaurant was great & we look forward to going back! A very nice waitress promptly acknowledged us and took our drinks / appetizer order. When our drinks arrived, our meal order was placed. While enjoying our drinks, we saw a sturgeon jump in the Kennebec River, absolutely amazing! The crab cakes were perfectly cooked & chilled salad divine! The chicken w/ pesto garlic sauce was fantastic! Prices were moderate & the food was perfectly served and delicious! All this in a more than perfect setting!

2  Thank seniortraveler8383
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch on the first day of summer out on the patio of Joyce's. We had a beautiful view of the river and watched Sturgeon and Stripers leaping out of the water, and Bald Eagles catching smaller fish while we enjoyed our Paninis. The food was excellent and the service was top notch! This is the third time we've eaten at Joyce's while visiting the Augusta area and it never disappoints!

1  Thank ArtHounds01930
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My two cousins and I went there with my mother to celebrate her 81st birthday, and were very pleased with the service from the moment the host greeted us when we walked in, through the entire dinner. The prices were very reasonable and the food was excellent. We enjoyed a bottle of wine while sitting on the deck overlooking the Kennebec River, and had appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts for four, all for less than $150. Holly was our server, and she was very efficient and pleasant. She kept us updated on our appetizers which were a little slow to come but only because there was a party of 18 in front of us. That wasn't really a problem.

I had mentioned to the host that it was my mom's birthday so when they brought her entree they put a candle in it and the entire staff came out to sing to her. That made her really happy.

We will definitely go back to Joyce's. I am pleased to have a new option in the Augusta area!

1  Thank OutdoorsyMaineGirl

Been to Joyce's in Hallowell? Share your experiences!