“Our Son's Wedding”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bolton, MA
“Our Son's Wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is so much more than a B&B! Our son got married her on July27th 2013, and was was just aperfect weekend! The stay, the breakfasts, the dinner, the hall, were all just wonderful! Scott and Vince are so easy and pleasureable to work with, and they accomodate your wishes quickly and efficiently. We can't say ANYTHING negative about Maple Hill!

Room Tip: Any room is a delight!
Green Features: Scott and Vince have installed a windmill and solar arrays that heat their water and provide 30% of their power. They are very concientious of recycling and use organic products at the facility.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Inn is situated in a very beautiful setting. Scott and Vince are very welcoming and provided excellent customer service throughout our stay. Our room was lovely and clean, and it had great views of the farm and the surrounding area. The Inn is just a short drive from Hallowell and Augusta. We would definitely recommend.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria-Tim03
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Maple Hill on June 22, 2013, as well as rented out the entire inn for the night before and the night of our wedding, which definitely added to the personable atmosphere of our event. I cannot rave enough about the amazing customer service we received from Scott and Vince. From the moment we started planning our wedding reception at Maple Hill, from every moment in between, and to the actual wedding weekend itself, I can honestly say that I have never felt more special and catered to at any other hotel or bed and breakfast. Scott and Vince went above and beyond to make sure that not only our wedding reception, but our stay at the inn was something we would always remember. Every email correspondence that I had was answered promptly, and I was always treated with the upmost respect, and a “yes we can do that” attitude that made planning my wedding at Maple Hill extremely stress free and easy. We had a banquet style dinner at our reception, with the choices of pork loin and a garlic cream chicken, along with various sides. Both of these options were to die for! Scott and Vince even made my husband and I two plates to bring up to our room after the reception, as brides and grooms typically do not get much time to eat during their reception. When my husband went down to the common area refrigerator that night to get our plates, Scott met my husband and told him that if we needed anything at anytime of the night to please do not hesitate to call them. Their level of care for their guests is beyond compare.

The rooms at the inn are beautiful and immaculately clean; decorated with rustic decor. We stayed in room 8, which had an amazingly comfortable king size bed, and an oversized jacuzzi tub that was fabulous for soaking my tired dancing feet in! Breakfast is included in your stay, and you get to order off a menu, along with some continental items such as yogurt and fruit salad. We ate there both Saturday and Sunday morning, and were not disappointed with the food! The backdrop of the bed and breakfast is absolutely gorgeous, and we received some amazing photos from our photographer in their picturesque location!

I would absolutely recommend Maple Hill to any bride and groom looking for a place to hold their wedding and/or their reception, or even anyone looking for a place to vacation. The service you will receive from Scott, Vince, and their staff is unparalleled. Thank you both again for such a memorable wedding weekend, we cannot begin to express our gratitude toward you both! We will for sure be life long visitors to Maple Hill!

2 Thank MrsDunks
Wakefield, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I just returned from a three-night stay at Maple Hill Farm. We were very pleased with the room, breakfast, and the service we received! The area is very quiet even though it is just a few minutes from I-95, Augusta, and the town of Hallowell. We were received by Scott, one the owners, and were made to feel right at home. The breakfast was a highlight! Your choice of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, cereals, etc. -- order off the menu just like at a restaurant at a time that's convenient for you (generally between 7 and 9 am). If you need dinner in the area, you can't go wrong with Slates in downtown Hallowell. Afterward, grab a huge homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich back at the B&B for $2 -- delicious! Coffee, tea, snacks are available 24/7 and are no extra charge. The room was comfortable and clean and had everything we needed. We will definitely return if we need to stay in the area again.

2 Thank JLMgraphics
Keswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been visiting Waterville for the last four years while my daughter was attending Colby College. I wanted to stay somewhere special for my last visit (daughter's graduation). I searched TripAdvisor and selected Maybe Hill Farm due to the fabulous reviews. The reviews were no exaggeration. Scott and Vince were incredible hosts. The truly make you feel at home. Our room had a very comfortable bed, fire place and sunken bath tub. The outdoor bathtub was fabulous as well. The breakfasts are scrumptious. On my final day they accommodated my desire to eat on the front porch to watch the birds and all of the other critters, e.g., llamas, horse, goals, etc. The is the perfect place for a honeymoon! If you are planning to visit Colby College, I would highly recommend the Maple Hill Farm Inn as there is nothing in comparison closer to the college. There are also some excellent restaurants in Hallowell that Scott and Vince can show you menus for. I am sorry I live so far away (Washington state) as I would love to visit Maple Hill Farm on a regular basis!

Room Tip: We were in room 6 and would love to stay in that room again. However, I doubt there are any mediocr...
Green Features: Scott and Vincent are very passionate about Maple Hill Farm being environmentally friendly. This extents from the cleaning products they use, lighting, a wind milll on the farm, recycling, etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DianaScott
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is a very comfortable small inn/B&B. Our room was quite comfortable, wonderful breakfast, and friendly staff. The farm atmosphere is fun with wild turkeys wandering around, llamas, a horse, goats and chickens. There are also hiking trails through the woods. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch and lawn. The hosts have an abundance of local information available to help you with your visit. There is a small kitchen with snacks, coffee & tea available plus fridge for storage as needed. We used the outdoor hot tub one night and there are robes available. Did not use our room tub, so unable to comment on this.

This place is very nice and we would stay here again. It is in need of a few updates and a bit more dusting, but overall relaxing and quite nice. This is a true country experience if that is your wish. They handle many events here, too, so weekends may often be booked with weddings, etc.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique; see the website and ask hosts to find one that suits you best. Most rooms are...
Green Features: Love that there are solar panels and other efforts to be environmentally friendly!
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Beautiful B&B out in the country! The room we stayed in was nice and cozy. Breakfast was really good and there is original artwork everywhere so my wife had to buy a piece. Sat up late reading in the living room and there were always cookies or something to munch on. Vince and Scott were wonderful host and if you wanted to go get food they had a huge binder of menus. The property has wonderful trails with little waterfalls but be warned that you will walk out with ticks on you we were picking them off all night it seemed.

1 Thank Joe K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallowell
Senator Inn & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!