“Country Farm Luxury”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Washington
“Country Farm Luxury”
Reviewed 13 October 2008

During a leaf-peeping tour of New England, my friends and I stayed at the Maple Hill Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn. This is a country farm that has expanded into a bed and breakfast and an event location. The rooms were big, with fluffy beds and hot tubs. Breakfast was made to order with choices from a menu. One of my friends, this was her first B&B experience and she got the full treatment! Recommend this place, in a quiet off-road spot, to anyone going to this area.

• Liked — It is a real home, expanded for bed and breakfast use
  • Disliked — A little hard to find, but there are pretty good directions
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nancy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cleveland
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Lovely property, clean, tasteful, comfortable bed, warm, friendly and accommodating staff. Notable also for special committment to environmental responsibility: they have a windmill, photovoltaic panels, and solar hot water. Snacks and tea/coffee/beverages (including bar) available to guests and lovely living areas to sit, read, talk, etc. Gorgeous grounds with lovely trails. Not over the top with kitsch and no smelly "air fresheners" - not needed in this lovely place. And the water, which must be from a well or spring, is delicious!

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank mnmcleveland
Wickford, RI
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Beautiful, bucolic property, easily accessible to Hallowell. Our room (#5) was tastefully but not luxuriously furnished. The full-menu, cooked-to-order breakfast was superb. All in all, outstanding value.

• Liked — Setting
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike02852
Portland
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I am going to write, a glowing review. The reason why? I like consistency. I think giving praise to a place that maintains a high standard of service, quality, and human interaction merits a few words. My partner and I just checked out this morning after having a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs (fresh from the chickens living on this B&B's farm portion), muffins, sausage, and english muffin. My partner had the French Toast, taking my suggestion from the day prior. I grew up in Maine, not too far from where this B&B is. You often don't appreciate your own back ground until you go back. We drove up from Portland last Friday for one night at my parents house, then two nights at the inn. Their directions were excellent. Upon arrival, Vince, whom I had spoken to a couple of times showed us through the facilities and up to our room. Our names were on a placard on the door. A great personal touch. We stayed in the King room upstairs with whirlpool and private balcony. A splurge that was worth it. The bed linens were immaculate. As was the bathroom, and the whirlpool tub. Quite relaxing after our morning of walking around nearby Vaughn's Woods. Also, a must if you are in the area. The colors of the room were cool and breezy. There were books and magazines at every stop in the inn for guests to poke through. There were baked goods to munch on. They have a full bar, we lounged on their long front porch sipping beer and working on crosswords and Sudoku. The Inn Keepers, Vince and Scott, were there when we needed something and not there when we wanted to be left alone, which is something I very much enjoy when I want to be away. Overall a serene and relaxing experience and I think we'll be back in the fall to take advantage of the gas fireplace.

• Liked — The Overall Experience
  • Disliked — Only Booking Two Nights
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pallmall77
Maine
Reviewed 8 November 2007

This B&B is located in a small community outside of Augusta. It sits back from the main roads but signs make it easy to find. It's absolutely beautiful. The room I stayed in was rose pink and mint green, antique furniture, fireplace, balcony, bath salts, & bed very comfortable. The place was spotless. Plenty of parking space.

Breakfast was great - blueberry pancakes and pure maple syrup. They have llamas, sheep, chickens, goat, horse and wild turkeys on the property. I loved it there - might not be a good place for kids though - fragile and quiet. Staff treated us with a great deal of respect.

Downtown Hallowell is a historic district and has lots of antique stores that open at 10 am. The B&B isn't very far from Augusta though - Whitten Road has a Christmas Tree Shop and other stores.

I would stay there again and hope to someday.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mainepatty2
East Greenwich, RI
Reviewed 20 January 2007

I am a frequent business traveler to Augusta. Instead of the usual chain hotels, I started staying at Maple BB once a month for the past three months.

This past trip, it snowed and the wind howled. I was up in "room number one" looking down over the front porch to the small pasture and barn nestled below. In the rocking chair by my gas stove, with coffee in hand, after a true breakfast (just wonderfully cooked to order) I sat staring out the big windows. Fat squirrels and full bird-feeders. Chickens in the window of the red barn.

Answered email on free wireless (a little quirky sometimes) and made calls for about five hours. Long nap. Dinner downtown at LIberal Cup. (Also rates an "A" for service, food and friendliness.) Another work jag til 10 pm. Jacuzzi'd in built-for-two jet tub; slept in black silence.

Verizon cell phones don't work here for reasons unknown to all who are reasonable. (All the other cell companies seem to work just fine.) At the desk, 2-hour phone cards are available for eight bucks.

This place is a tonic for the winter weekday business traveler. Just don't crowd me out.

Stayed January 2007
5 Thank Palexan1
Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 September 2006

We loved this Inn. Tom made us feel very special- even putting name cards in our door! (to identify our room). The service was excellent, and the hospitality superb. The inn is quite charming, and very clean.
We definately plan to visit again.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — softer bed than I like
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thewaterqueen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallowell
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
#1 of 6 in Waterville
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!