“Great B&B!”

Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hallowell
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at Maple Hill Farm Inn after going to the Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland for the day. While we arrived pretty late after an hour drive from the festival, it was well worth the trip! Scott and Vince were so welcoming and made you feel like part of the family. My husband and I enjoyed a beverage and cookies while we watched part of a BBC sitcom with Scott and Vince (which we don't get on our local PBS). Our room was beautiful, comfortable and peaceful. The breakfast was excellent too. Since our house has solar power as well, my husband enjoyed a great conversation with Scott on the Inn's solar and wind generation. In arriving late and leaving early the next day to head back to our daughter's in Boston, we missed some of the enjoyment from this beautiful B&B and their owners. Will need to plan a repeat visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy R
There are newer reviews for Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We held our wedding and reception here and just have to say that Scott and Vince were incredible! Everyone that stayed there for the weekend had nothing but positive things to say about the B&B and in particular Scott and Vince and the way they paid special attention to everyone's needs! Many guests have already said they plan to come back very soon. I highly recommend their establishment!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank rchkilme123
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have stayed in many a places up north, none so memorable as this B&B. From the gracious and kind owners, to the million and one fire flies at night. Looking at the galaxy, the sun set, the amazing little entreats in the common kitchen. Its a Happy place. Every bit of it. The animals are beautiful. everything is clean. every detail is watched over. I plan on going back Every year.

Room Tip: The room with the double jet tub -- so lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A wonderful night's stay. The house was wonderful with lots of fun books, a great bar, and friendly and helpful innkeepers. We enjoyed the scenic walk to Jamie's Pond, and then watching the llamas and the pony as we ate our take-out Thai food at a picnic bench in the front yard. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife enjoyed a great night here. Lovely quiet and very comfortable. A great job of keeping the farm house look and atmospere while being very quiet and comfortable. I did not hear any of the other guest. Vince and Scott were great inkeepers. very friendly and helpful. The little town is quaint with neat shops and good eating places. We thought Hatties Chowder House was excellent. After being at bar harbor and booth bay harbor this was a very pleasant quiet laid back experience.

Room Tip: upstairs corner room excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I loved this place--we stayed there three nights. It has NOT all been redone with granite counters and stainless steel appliances which added to the appeal of this B&B. The house is comfortable and immaculate; the breakfasts were substantial, tasty, and varied; the inn keepers (Vince and Scott) and all the staff were very hospitable and friendly. I curled up with a book in the main living room one rainy day with a cup of tea and a butterscotch cookie--all compliments of the B&B. There are several hikes you can take directly from the B&B. On one of them I saw three porcupines within eight feet of me, which was a treat! The whole property is very peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I arrived exhausted to this peaceful piece of earth. Sitting on the front porch overlooking the farm, I saw llamas in the field, wild turkeys crossing the yard and hummingbirds flitting around the feeder. One hummingbird just hung out on the top of the feeder for a long time letting me admire her red throat. In the dusk the first evening, I saw a yellow flash, an American goldfinch finding a perch in the tree. I didn't see the farm's chickens which gave us our morning eggs cooked up by a wonderful chef. A windmill on a nearby hill generated power and the whole inn embraced earth-friendly practices. Vince and Scott were wonderful hosts. A truly restful spot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank a s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallowell
Senator Inn & Spa
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville
Comfort Inn Civic Center

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!