“A lovely time at Maple Hill Farm” 5 of 5 bubbles

Maple Hill Farm Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hallowell
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
new haven, ct
“A lovely time at Maple Hill Farm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Maple Hill Farm. I was married in the area and had my reception at their Gathering Place. Scott and Vince are the owners and they went out of their way to make it a great evening. I won’t go into the details of the reception, but the space was beautiful, the food was terrific, and the service was excellent. The wedding party occupied all the rooms of the inn. Each room is unique, quaint, and clean. I highly recommend the rooms with the double whirl pools. The breakfast was another highlight of our stay. The blueberry pancakes are fantastic. They also have baked goods available any time to take from the kitchen area. My fiancé and I were also drawn to Maple Hill because they have their own windmill to generate a portion of their power. All in all, I didn’t want to leave.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mcrauch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Philadelphia, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2006

If you're looking for a peaceful, warm, loving place to unwind and forget about the daily pressure, then don't miss this fantastic place. This Inn is situated on 135 acres of Maine farmland and has an excellent offering of rooms with all the ammenities a traveler would need. A great farmhouse with comfortable common areas and the owner and inn keeper are very friendly. The breakfeast is superb and the sunsets are to die for. A great opportunity to relax and enjoy yourself or your family and friends.

3 Thank bpaul19341
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2006

I was so surprised I decided to stay at an inn verses the chain hotel. After working a tradeshow in Augusta, ME the hours were much longer than expected I finally got to the inn it was 6:45pm on Sunday evening. I called Scott the inn keeper to say I was going to be late, he said that was fine. When I got to the inn I was checked in, Scott got me a beer from the bar, and then sat down with me to help me figure out where to go to dinner.

He directed me to down town Hallowell and adorable New England town filled with a bunch of artsy shops and restaurants. I went to a great little brew pub and had a great dinner.

I had to get up very early in the morning 5:30am to get back to the show, I had told Scott that I would not be at breakfast which I had heard was awesome. When I noticed the check out slip a note told me they had packed me a to go breakfast and left it in the fridge. What a nice way to start the day a great fruit salad and muffins.

The inn was clean, comfortable, with all of the amenities you need when you travel. I tend to stay in a full service hotel, but this inn takes the extra time to make you feel comfortable and feel like you are at home.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
7 Thank joshmatteson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallowell
Senator Inn & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Augusta Civic Center Inn
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Been to Maple Hill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!