All reviews seafood pasta out of the way duck scallops get away new england front lawn on friday nights jazz trio cooked to perfection lovely location perfect place off the beaten path enjoyed our stay breakfast was excellent downeast maine on arrival
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This B&B's location is a little off the beaten path, but very cute and welcoming. This was my first trip to Maine, and was exactly what I was looking for in a charming New England B&B. My husband and I were traveling with our two big dogs, and the Inn had no problem with the dogs being there and had no additional pet fees. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is quite popular for dinner, and the food is excellent. It is pricey, but it is fine dining after all, so expect to pay a little more. The blueberry pancakes in the morning are excellent! We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stay another night! I would love to return to this inn again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stargazer1031
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Have been going here for dinner for years as my Uncle lives in the area. Quaint inn with top quality restaurant. The seafood pasta is to die for and the portions are huge - tons of lobster, scallops, etc... I have also had steak and lamb there in the past. This time I split the seafood pasta and the duck with my husband... Both were amazing and the flavoring on the duckling was pretty unique for the area. Gingery and citrusy. They also have great salads and fresh baked bread that comes with the meal. It has a cosy, but fancy ambience and live soothing piano music.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank siliwishes
Reviewed 13 November 2009

My husband and I heard about The Crocker House Inn through Down East magazine and decided to give it a try. The staff were very warm and welcoming. The menu selection was very diverse, offering options for even the pickiest palate!
I had the rack of lamb (a whole eight-bone rack , marinated in a mushroom & garlic sauce, baked and topped with herbed breading), which was cooked to perfection.
My husband had the Veal Camerones (sautéed veal topped with asparagus, shrimp and bernaise sauce).
We ordered a bottle of Capestrano Montepulciano that was absolutely outstanding and fairly priced.
Desserts looked very good but we were just too full to indulge!
Definitely worth going back!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2009

We stayed with friend on their anniversary - our third or fourth stay. The food was even better than I remembered. My wife and I are Elite Members in Celebrity Cruises' loyalty program, so we recognize good food and service. It appears slightly expensive for the area until you realize that you get a full, off a varied menu, breakfast as part of your room charge. The Crocker House is still a real find.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaineDizzy
Reviewed 2 September 2007

We had dinner at the Crocker House on a weeknight in late August. It was very busy on arrival, but quieted down during the course of our dinner. The service nevertheless did not improve, and in fact got worse, as the evening progressed. The waitress was surly and unpleasant. She was visibly disappointed that we did not order wine. We were ignored for long periods of time. The food was quite good, but overall, we thought the Crocker House dining experience was appalling and we will never return.

Stayed: August 2007