All reviewsseafood pastaout of the wayduckscallopsget awaynew englandfront lawnon friday nightsjazz triocooked to perfectionlovely locationperfect placeoff the beaten pathenjoyed our staydowneast maineon arrivalminute drive
Reviewed 14 September 2011

As the great grandson of Isma Crocker Bryant, I had vague memories of visiting with her at the Crocker House in the mid 1940's. As you are aware, she owned the establishment from 1928 to 1948. The family would be astonished at the fantastic renovation you have completed. The restaurant, above and beyond. If there was a rating of 10 as the best, you would be at 12 with out a doubt. My meal was without a doubt one of the best yet.. We will see you on our next trip thru.
Congradulations on a job well done.
Richard C. Andrews, and wife, Judy, Brunswick, Maine

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard A
mrs-crocker, Owner at The Crocker House Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for an exceptionally lovely start to the day! All Trip Advisor reviews now post directly to our Facebook page, so we read your review first thing this morning.
We are in our 32nd season and would be delighted to have you share any memories/photos you have of the Inn in years past on our Facebook wall. Thank you again for your very kind words.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

This is a very special place that won't disappoint the adventurous traveler who appreciates excellent service, and a cozy place to retire for the evening after a day of seeing the beautiful sights of the great outdoors. The location is great and an easy 30-40 minute drive to all the nearest scenic places especially if you don't want to stay in the tourist congested areas of Bar Harbor. It's walking distance to Kayaking in Frenchman's bay and the neighborhood is perfect for taking relaxing strolls during the day or for star gazing at night.

The restaurant serves some of the best fine dining you can find in the area served by the owner and a knowledgable friendly staff that is so much fun to be around. Excellent full bar and wine list.

My only tiny complaint is that the mattress was a little too firm for me, but it wasn't bad enough for me not to write a review because the overall charm of the place just stands out. The Crocker House has been a friends and family favorite for many years and they continue to "out due" themselves every year we come. We just love it!

Room Tip: High season is Memorial weekend through Labor day so its best to plan ahead as early as you can before sell out or wedding bookings..
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
mrs-crocker, Owner at The Crocker House Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the Inn! Despite the mattress being a bit too firm, we're glad you enjoyed your stay. We've recently discussed replacing some of the bedding as we've had a few other guests express a preference for a softer mattress. Hope you'll be able to return and thanks again!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

This B&B's location is a little off the beaten path, but very cute and welcoming. This was my first trip to Maine, and was exactly what I was looking for in a charming New England B&B. My husband and I were traveling with our two big dogs, and the Inn had no problem with the dogs being there and had no additional pet fees. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is quite popular for dinner, and the food is excellent. It is pricey, but it is fine dining after all, so expect to pay a little more. The blueberry pancakes in the morning are excellent! We enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stay another night! I would love to return to this inn again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stargazer1031
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Have been going here for dinner for years as my Uncle lives in the area. Quaint inn with top quality restaurant. The seafood pasta is to die for and the portions are huge - tons of lobster, scallops, etc... I have also had steak and lamb there in the past. This time I split the seafood pasta and the duck with my husband... Both were amazing and the flavoring on the duckling was pretty unique for the area. Gingery and citrusy. They also have great salads and fresh baked bread that comes with the meal. It has a cosy, but fancy ambience and live soothing piano music.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank siliwishes
Reviewed 13 November 2009

My husband and I heard about The Crocker House Inn through Down East magazine and decided to give it a try. The staff were very warm and welcoming. The menu selection was very diverse, offering options for even the pickiest palate!
I had the rack of lamb (a whole eight-bone rack , marinated in a mushroom & garlic sauce, baked and topped with herbed breading), which was cooked to perfection.
My husband had the Veal Camerones (sautéed veal topped with asparagus, shrimp and bernaise sauce).
We ordered a bottle of Capestrano Montepulciano that was absolutely outstanding and fairly priced.
Desserts looked very good but we were just too full to indulge!
Definitely worth going back!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple