All reviews seafood pasta out of the way duck jazz trio scallops excellent food the main house off the beaten track front lawn on friday nights cooked to perfection lovely location perfect place get away enjoyed our stay downeast maine stayed for nights
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our group sampled the lamb, veal, seafood pasta and steak.The seafood pasta was liked the best. My steak was drowning in a salty sauce. The potato was also very salty.
Restaurant owners, please instruct your servers never ever ask the customer if they want their change back!!! So very tacky. Instead, instruct them to say "I'll be right back with your change" .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I visited here in the Spring with my sister. The Inn is really well kept and the rooms were very nice. The food was great. The area is so pretty and you can explore to your hearts content. There is history here and the Innkeepers are keeping it sacred!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and it was convenient and nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there this summer. Our room was very good - we were in the detached house as we needed a very large room. It was clean and homey. Breakfasts, which were included, were delicious and top notch. We also opted to have dinner there one night, which was terrific. All of the staff members were knowledgeable, friendly and fun to talk with. I actually cannot think of a negative. I recommend The Crocker House.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank snappyjr
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The Crocker House has been our favorite place to dine in Hancock. However they need to put LOBSTER on the menu for goodness sake! Their entrees are good but we have tried everything. They need to change up the menu seasonally and let us locals try something new. On our last visit our server was slow, lacked personality and ignored us more than once. Please, "a little out of the way and way out of the ordinary" needs to refresh their menu. Good food ...but we need different choices now and then.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Upon the recommendation of a local source, my husband and I set off to the Crocker House restaurant for a romantic night to share our anniversary. Upon arrival, we thought the exterior of the house was quaint. We entered the restaurant only to stand awkwardly in the doorway for about 15 minutes without anyone even noticing that we were there, despite arriving right on time for our reservation. Once we were (finally) seated we had fairly slow service. The bread was excellent, and the salad was quite tasty. They had a small menu of entrees, but we both managed to find something that we liked. My husband chose the seafood pasta. I wanted a lighter meal, so I went with the crab stuffed shrimp. When the food arrived, it was absolutely bland. No flavor to either of our meals whatsoever. Even the escalloped potatoes which looked so interesting ended up tasting like the kind from the box. We tried in vain to add a bit of salt, but the holes to the salt shaker were closed. Getting the attention of the waitress was impossible. We ate as much of our meal as we could, and took the rest home. Once back in our own kitchen we added a little white wine and seasoning, and finally we could eat it. Why did we need to reheat our food in order for it to taste good?

Needless to say, it was not the experience we were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple