“Consistently delicious food”

Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Hancock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ate here for lunch recently with my family for the third time. From the appetizers to the dessert, the food was terrific. Everyone in the group I was with enjoyed their meal very much. Service was a little slow, but the restaurant appeared to be busy when we were there. Would certainly return.

2  Thank L207
Chippers2014, Owner at Chipper's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear L207,
Thanks so much for the great review- you must have come in for Mother's Day! Yes, we were very busy that day and I apologize if service was a little slower than normal. I'm so glad your group loved their food and dessert- hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Wow, for a place that charges prices like this they sure don't deliver. Food quality is what I'd expect from a roadside diner, and I likely would have received it much faster. Wasn't even a busy night, if this is how they perform on a slow night, can't imagine what a busy night would look like. There are much better options around. Server was friendly enough but didn't seem to be on her game. Can't blame her for the food though.

1  Thank thomas d
Chippers2014, Owner at Chipper's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Thomas d,

Thank you for reviewing my restaurant- I am not sure quite what to say as I've never been to a roadside diner with Filet Mignon, Escargot, or Jamaican Salmon Filet- maybe you ordered from our Pub Menu- which does include lighter fare and sandwiches. We want our customers to really enjoy a night out- with appetizers- our complimentary sampler of haddock chowder- drinks if one chooses- a wonderful entree and maybe even dessert. We will never claim to be as quick as a diner- because that isn't the experience that we are striving for- or the experience that our customers who come back week after week are looking for. There are plenty of those kinds of restaurants just up the street and if that is what one is looking for' - which your other reviews would be indicative of- those restaurants are probably a better choice for you and we completely understand that. Thanks again for trying us!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to Chippers because it was close and we wanted to try someplace new. Did I mention that it was only 7PM and the start of a 24" snowfall. You would think this early that they would not be sold out of items ,you would be wrong!. Our waitress was very nice but clueless. After my wifes second choice she was able to get her entree. I must say that she did enjoy it. My first choice was also out, by this point I was a tad annoyed. I decided since were were in the pub section I would get Pub food. I ordered a Philly Cheesesteak. Pats ,Genos and Tony Lukes in Philly are very safe from this dried out poorly made and very overpriced sandwich. Great roll! Oh I forgot, it took an HOUR to get our food seems like the tempermantal chef was mad he had to make pub food. I had to go ask in the kitchen for our food.Sorry thats your job( owner) and our LAST trip to Chippers.

1  Thank johnfs1
Chippers2014, Owner at Chipper's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Johnfs1,
Thank you for taking the time to review my restaurant- I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience. Your waitress had no idea that you were unhappy until you got up out of your seat -to which she was meeting you with your food. We do get very busy on the weekends and Chipper's is known for being a place you come to for a long leisurely meal-I'm truly sorry that this wasn't the kind of experience you were looking for. Because we are only open Thursday thru Saturday right now, it is rare but we can run out of specials and sometimes again rare, but menu items-late on a Saturday, you were our last reservation of the night and I'm again sorry this happened. I do hope you give us another chance sometime.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

From service (Wanda and her 'sister an law' are out of this world friendly and prompt) to the 'local' atmosphere and quaint dinning room... Its all Great! but do you know.. really want to know whats best?? The food! As good as everything else is THIS PLACE DELIVERS.. FRESH.. HIGH QUALITY FOOD. We drive an hour to get there and gladly pay to do it. i can oly suspect the bad reviews on here are from local competitors scaming tripadvisor or people with no tastebuds! Im a Fresh fine food fanatic... I go to Chippers!

1  Thank DanLevesque
Chippers2014, Owner at Chipper's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Hey Dan- thanks so much for your great review and traveling so far for dinner- I do hope you come again!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We sat and enjoyed a drink at the bar first and chatted with some of the locals. This restaurant was recommended by our B&B owner. It lived up to her rave reviews. We both had the panko haddock and asparagus w/mashed potatoes. Delicious. We enjoyed the kalua chocolate pie out of this world. It was quite busy but service was great with courteous waitresses. Will return. Do make reservations the locals love this place.