“Happy little motel... Very clean and friendly”

White Birches Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hancock
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

Humble establishment has charm and exceeded our expectations for a motel. More efficient and friendlier service than most places I've stayed. The people with negative reviews probably have issues with their expectations.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our expectations were modest but this motel and its excellent staff far exceeded our expectations. The rooms were large and clean with a fridge, microwave coffee machine etc., etc. We were 18 miles from Bar Harbor in Ellsworth which was excellent for shopping etc. We will definitely stay here again. The continental breakafast is nothing special but the coffee was fine.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have stayed at a couple of Knights Inn properties from TN to Florida. My prior experiences have been mixed. We booked the Knights Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor for a small family reunion. 18 people in multiple rooms. This is an older property so our expectations were not high. Fortunately the management has made improvements. The carpets were new & some of the fixtures have been replaced. Much to our delight our room was EXACTLY as pictured on the web site. (the picture could have been taken in our room.) The room was reasonably clean. Everything worked as it should. The free breakfast was better than expected with fresh fruit & choice of beverages along with an assortment of baked goods.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are away from the office
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TonyLNH
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Had no problems when I arrived early to the motel on Friday night, they let me check in and I then went to Acadia National Park for a campground. I did get a campground site and then cancelled the next couple of nights I had reserved there. The internet connection was great with a great desk setup with outlets on the side and I enjoyed the larger than normal room.
The only thing I saw wrong was they needed to seal the area around the air conditioner that could let air escape and bugs inside.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I did not expect the great service that I got here. As a pilot without a car here, the staff made sure to pick me up at the airport, take me into town several times and actually became my friends. The room was clean and decent sized and again, the level of service was great. For the price it was a great value and a very nice experience thanks again to the people here. I travel a lot and will stay here again if I come to town. Thank you Shannon, Mike and Abby!

Pilot Tim

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Check in is across the road from the hotel at the golf club. The room is average but there are a few creepy crawlies which we kill. I guess the spiders come in from the great outdoors. Breakfast is back at the golf club but is only packaged muffins and juice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here on our East Coast Vacation, and we were going to meet up with our friends later. We stayed there 3 nights. When we arrived around 11:00 we went to the "front desk" to check in and all but, it turns out when we checked in the rooms are clear across the property, a pretty good length car ride to our room. We enterd our room to find it wasn't all hat bad. Two qeen beds, a dresser and a table, well and a TV of course. The bathroom wasn't all that bad but, kind of dirty. There didn't seem to have that many cars there, and behind the building the was a big pile of metal and junk. Over all I would not recemend this to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank IJP212937
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hancock
Ramada Ellsworth
#8 of 10 in Ellsworth
Twilite Motel
Twilite Motel
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to White Birches Motel? Share your experiences!