It's nothing special and the room did smell a bit musty but it was fine. The wifi worked and there were chairs outside the room so you could sit there and surf away. It was clean and very basic but really cheap. We got a discount for staying two nights. It's about a 25 minute drive to Bar Harbor and Acadia NP but definitely nicer to stay outside of that area. It's all a bit tacky and expensive.
The breakfast was great if you like coffee and doughnuts because that was about it. But the doughnuts were excellent so where can you go wrong!
Just down the same road is a place that sells fish and chips and ice cream and has a playground and arcade. The food is great, you can order and sit in a cafeteria type place or outside on the tables.
I would go back there definitely. But not to Bar Harbor, not my style. Way too touristy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Birches Motel, conveniently located at the crossroads of Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor and Downeast Maine, offers clean and affordable accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your White Birches Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Birches Knights Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor Hotel Hancock
- White Birches Country Hotel
- White Birches Motel Maine/Hancock