“Great food with ocean view”
Review of Erica's Seafood

Erica's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Harpswell
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Outdoor dining overlooking a working waterfront wharf. Seafood and non-seafood items available. Cash only. BYOB or vending machine. Open Mother's Day weekend thru Columbus Day, rain or shine
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went here for an adult birthday lunch, knowing the ride was scenic and the food delicious. All 3 of us ate lobster rolls, FFs, and bean salsa before the entree. The salsa comes from the Midwest and relies on beans, corn, red onion, and other veggies instead of the typical tomato salsa--it tastes wonderful with their homemade warm tortilla chips. Each lobster roll was chock-full of lobster, and you can opt for putting mayo or drawn butter over it. The French fries are not greasy, cut thin. We brought our drinks rather than getting them out of a nearby machine. The girl who waited on me remembered that my husband & I have allergies and was careful when preparing the food. We sat at a picnic table and looked at the beautiful ocean at Basin Point. Our birthday girl was thrilled to discover Erica's and really enjoyed the food. As she said, What's not to love?!

There are newer reviews for Erica's Seafood

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I was in Harpswell with my family for my cousins wedding and did one research as to what restaurants offered the freshest Maine lobster and this one had great ratings. Little did I know that I'd give it even better ratings than what I had read. at Erica's you have the ability to pick out your lobster, hard shell about $6 a pound and soft shell $4.75 a pound. We were instructed very well and enjoyed the soft shell lobster which was much more tender and flavorful than the hard shell, just as the lobster-man had said. In total we bought about 8 pounds of both hard and soft shell lobster which was steamed right in front of its and served with any sides we liked, all ordered to match the timing of when the lobster would be ready.

The total was about $80, including lobsters (8 pounds, a fairly obnoxious amount), fries and clam chowder for 4 people. I will definitely come back, my family and I were fascinated with how fresh and inexpensive Erica's was!

Tip: they don't have drinks to sell, only a vending machine, so be sure to take some cash.

1  Thank Tati S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Been coming to this spot for years. Noticed Erica's last summer, but ate at the other place. Maybe never again -- Erica's is fantastic. BYO beverage, they'll do the rest, generously, punctually, and modestly -- so easy-going and quintissentially Maine.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were headed to the Seafood restaurant next door. We saw the sign out front of Erica's advertising lobster for $5.25 a pound. We entered a garage type room next to Erica's. Tom had live lobsters. We picked three and he steamed them for us in his shop. Then we went next door to Erica's to get some side items and melted butter. Awesome lobster. We sat at a large picnic table and ate while Tom continued to sell fresh lobster to those who walked in. We traveled two weeks in Nova Scotia. This was by far, the best lobster and seafood we had during our trip.

2  Thank oknhere
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Loved the steamed hard shell lobster. This place is amazing. Freshest seafood right off the boat. Great burgers and onion rings if you don't want seafood. Beautiful setting right on the wharf. Friendly service, great food, and very reasonable prices. Just what we were looking for.

Plus, they have the greatest NO Parking signs ever!

1  Thank Scott K