“A great place with a spectacular view....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin Marina & Restaurant

Dolphin Marina & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Harpswell
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harpswell, Maine
“A great place with a spectacular view....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recall from long ago, the 'Breakfast' at the Dolphin was terrific! I've even had visiting family ask to return to the old place. Unfortunately that repast is no longer available.

The new restaurant is modern, clean and offers some of the best ocean views of Midcoast Maine. You are welcome to wander the property from the restaurant to the point, take pictures and enjoy wide open spaces and incredible views.

The marina services are excellent, so whether you arrive by land, sea or even air (helicopter pad), the opportunity to visit this special location is available.

The dining options are created from local sources, however, they don't offer much variety over the season. The flatbread offerings are good, the best mussels I've had in a long time, and the soups and homemade baked goods are wonderful. Overall, a bit pricey for the food and beverage, but remember the price includes the location and associated opportunities.

I would recommend the Dolphin as a place to visit to create memories. It is up to each individual to choose a return visit.

• Visited August 2013

Connecticut
“Food is very good service is great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We spent the night in Harpswell and went to The Dolphin twice for lunch and dinner (off season not much open if anything). It was great. Fried Clams, blueberry muffins are to die for and the fish chowder is great. We both had salads for dinner and of course ordered blueberry muffins on the side. Too good to pass up. Spectacular views.

If there is a negative, the atmosphere is alittle cold. Could use some plants or mini lights for some ambiance. Will return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Florida, NY
“Good seafood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the area, off season, so we ate here twice as they were open and any other local places had closed for season. Food was, good, very fresh, seafood very good. Lobster stew was excellent, great blueberry muffins served with it. Had fried clams another night, lobster tails with sweet corn risotto and perfectly cooked green beans. At the end of Harpswell peninsula, so fantastic views. Dinner was served almost too quickly, but if you want fresh seafood, and a view of the sunset, this is a nice place.

Visited October 2013
Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We drove out to this place after dark and were sorry to miss the views but the food was well worth the trip. We will be back. The seafood chowder was absolutely the best we have ever had. We also enjoyed the fried Maine shrimp and scallop baskets. The server was happy to substitute green beans for fries and the cole slaw was especially good. Check it out even though it is a ways from Brunswick, it is totally worth it.

Visited October 2013
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Nicely done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I haven't been here for years and years---thus this was my first time at the new building. I arrived by boat, which I left on one of their moorings, and took the dinghy to their fine new docks.

One thing I recalled from my visit years ago was that while the food was solidly done, it was overpriced for the type of restaurant this is. But tonight I have no such complaint.

We had a good meal, with a bottle of wine, for $72 before tip. My husband had a cup of fish chowder, and a fried scallop dinner. I had the crab cakes which are on the appetizer list but can be expanded into a dinner for $7 more. Both meals came with one of their blueberry muffins, and I'm not a fan of sweets but these were really good.

Service was polite (I do appreciate a waitress who refers to me as "ma'am" and my husband as "sir" instead of the all too casual----and all too ubiquitous-----"How are you guys doing?"). My only slight complaint about service is that she was almost too efficient------we prefer to linger a bit, and everything came very quickly.

I think landlubbers would appreciate their nice vistas, particularly of the sunset.

And one unexpected bonus--------I am writing this on my boat using their free Wi-Fi. Usually I don't carry a computer on my boat, but happen to have it tonight because I need to work on legal matters. For those who aren't on boats, I can certainly envision a working dinner in the bar at the Dolphin, with this convenient Wi-Fi.

• Visited October 2013