“Perfect week in morada do sol”
Review of Morada do Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malveira da Serra
Morada do Sol
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were à group of friends organizing à surprise week before mariage for one of us and we spent in morada do sol our best week end that we could do! The villa was fantastic and had all the amenities we need.
Garden and outside area with barbecue are so nice that we stayed here!
Moreover even if the weather wasn t favorable the swimming pool was hot.., really really excellent for à group.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Arnaight

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were a group of 17 friends, so the difficulty was to find a villa accommodating for all and
Morada do sol was extraordinary and we we felt so good inside that we spent a lot of time using swimming pool and the beautiful garden!
All of us had a good room and enough places to feel good. the kitchen is very functional and the barbecue is very nice.
Sincerely everyone was pleased of this week end. You can enjoy this villa for family trip, friends trip like us or business...

Moreover, i was the organizator of the trip and i would like to thank Sol Domus for their answers and their monitoring which was very professional. thanks..

Room Tip: the back room on the stair is the most spacious and beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank arnaud n
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Morada do Sol is the perfect place if you need to get away from your everyday city life, for example if you want to work in a peaceful and quiet surrounding. There is a strong Wifi-connection, so that you can follow up your work as a freelancer even when a whole group is using the internet, like during our co-working-retreat.
When it's time for a break you can just relax at the pool in the beautiful garden or go for a hike on one of many hiking trails in the surrounding natural reserve. Or you could just ask the owner if she could arrange a visit to the nearby adventure park for some activity or maybe a massage if you prefer to relax. Marcella is very helpful and really makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Kerstin R
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We were a group of ten freelancers and entrepreneurs staying at morada do sol for two weeks to work and exchange ideas. The house accommodates a lot of people, the kitchen is big enough for group cooking sessions and common breakfast. The outdoor area offers a nice quiet spot for everyone to sit, read, work on a laptop or just chill out. The surrounding area is great for hiking or walking along the beaches. Sintra is also just a short drive away, you should definitely do a hike around the historic sights. The owner Marcella was very kind and helped us with arrangements and restaurant recommendations. I would love to come back some time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had the good fortune to stay at Morada do Sol recently with a group of 24 people for a very meaningful spiritual holiday. We visited to Cascais for a Buddhist Festival with over 7000 people from 59 countries. I began my search for lodging 9 months in advance and quickly decided on Morada do Sol. We were an unusual group in that many of us didn't know each other and were coming from different parts of the world. Word got out quickly that I had rented a Villa and before you knew it, the rooms were full. From the very beginning of my communications with Sol Domus (the rental agency) they were more than accommodating and extremely patient with my many questions and unique needs. They made my journey so easy in the way they organized the house, created floor plans, found my group a driver for airport pick-up and daily shuttle, ordered and programmed a local phone for my use, delivered fresh towels mid-way through our stay, greeted us in person, made sure everyone in my group had a key, walked us through the important details of this property and, had a wonderful cake and tea for our arrival!

I felt like I was visiting lifelong friends and well, I guess after our 200+ email exchanges we did kind of get to know each other a bit. :-)

The estate itself was immaculately kept and very spacious. Always a place to be alone if you so desired. The large, atrium enclosed pool was a great escape from the rain and cold but was wrong time of year for swimming. Several of us did use it however for a cozy meditation spot and for yoga.

The main house we stayed in, Monte e Mar had so many wonderful and unique characteristics it reminded me of something Gaudi might have lived in if he were still alive today. Lots of curves, warm woods, comfortable Indonesian style furnishings and beautiful panoramic views! And the kitchen! Well of course, this is where we hung out the most. It was easy for several people to be cooking at once while others kept us entertained....and of course the fact that it spilled onto the alfresco dining area right outside it's door.

In short, my time at Morada do Sol was a magical and memorable event. I can think of so many great uses for this property like a Wedding! Or a Yoga retreat! Or a family reunion! Or a Corporate Meeting event! Whatever the reason for your stay Cascais, if you stay here you are definitely in the right place and in good hands. I'm already looking for excused to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank pam b
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had our best time ever... The house and grounds were fantastic and the staff very friendly.
The house is moments away from the village and ten minutes distance from this amazing beach called Guincho.
We had the opportunity to have surf lessons organized by Morada do Sol.
It was a wonderful experience and we look forward to going back.

Room Tip: we stayed in Villa Cascais which is beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank FABRI822
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The appropriately named Morada do Sol - the House of the Sun - is a charming place with a bit of traditional Portuguese style; a wonderful lush mature garden surrounds the entire property.

My visit was just for a day so I will not judge some of the other items which are usually part of a review.

What I can say is that if I were to visit Portugal with my family in the summer I would love to stay at the Morada do Sol as it has a cooler micro-climate, trees, pool and peace - it is all there! All you have to do is lean back with a glass of wine and a good book/kindle! And if you want to go out dining or clubbing - the fun is near (by car) : Lisbon 30 minutes, Sintra 20 mins, Cascais 12 mins... Enjoy!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank mexine

Been to Morada do Sol? Share your experiences!