“Lovely View and Great Food”
Review of Lucerne Inn

Lucerne Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Holden
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my second time to this restaurant that I can remember. The first when I was about 7 years old. The second was a lot more memorable. We were two couples and got a table right by the window overlooking gorgeous Phillips Lake. I and the other female diner (my cousin) in our group had the special for Tuesday: two pound lobster! It was amazing. The cook took all the work out of the lobster but leaving us the huge cracked claws and the tails halved. In spite of the size, the lobster was truly tender and sweet. My cousin, who spends most of her summer in Maine, said it was the best lobster she had had all season. It came with roasted new potatoes and corn. The new potatoes were out of this world. The corn not so great. My husband ordered the haddock which he said was delicious and my cousin's husband the veal. Overall, we were very pleased with our meals. The wait staff was attentive. I hadn't seen my relatives in a year, so we had a lot of catching up to do and were the last ones to leave, but felt no pressure to go.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Dinner here was awful. Simple dinner of two burgers and a shrimp cocktail were terrible. Burgers took forever to arrive. When they got to us we realized why -- the medium and medium well orders were cooked way past well done. Burgers were tiny-- together they wouldn't equal a 1/4 pounder. Shrimp cocktail was ok if you don't mind paying $10.50 for 4 medium shrimp. Service, well suffice it to say we had to get napkins ans silverware from the table next to us. Would have rather been at McDonalds.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Great food and staff/ We brought 2 young children and they were very accomodating and had food even the children enjoyed.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

been there about 10 to 12 times,a couple of them to the brunch.the brunch was not very good.the stocking of the brunch was very bad ,had to tell the them you are out of plates so had to wait out of cocktail sauce,you get the picture. the bad part of this is the person at the carving and omlettes and waffle cooker was the one to run and stock the brunch line. p.s. sorry won't be back. richard brewer maine

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed there once 4 years ago and really loved it. Dinner, Breakfast, room --- everything really nice. Would love to go again.