“Under new ownership”

Dining options: Reservations
Farmingdale, Maine
“Under new ownership”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This restaurant is now called The Horn. We waited at the door for a long time before anyone acknowledged us but after we were seated the service was excellent. The menu has a good variety and there are numerous daily specials. Everyone ordered something different for lunch and we all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The next time we are in the area we will not hesitate to have lunch here.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Hacheta

houlton, me
“glad they left.”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have to say that being in the area i would enjoy this place. however the menu was stale. It was alwyas the same and always overseasoned. There were a few times that i would say we left food on our plates because it was less than appealing. I would say that i would choose others if there were some to choose from. I will say I'm glad they closed it might oopen thedoor for a bettter facility to open!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank iveyshoulton
Northern maine
“R.I.P.-Closed”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The restaurant closed its doors in September. While I didn't frequent the restaurant very much because of the hostess/owner's egotistical attitude, the food itself offered by Chef Bill was different from other fare offered in the area's establishments. This certainly wasn't good for diners in the area and will be missed.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank spudpicker1
New York, NY
“Could've been better”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My GPS directed us here, as we were seeking food in the area. The place looked run-down from the outside, but seemed well-kept on the inside. Service was really great; multiple people came to ask us how everything was. But then, came the food. Very saucy and heavy pastas, mixed with dry seafood. Unfortunately, not quite our cup of tea.

Visited September 2012
Houlton, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced, overrated, and flat out RUDE”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I have had two experiences here. Once I brought my fiance' for a birthday meal. The decor upon entry was woodland meets Americana but further in it is a cafeteria setting with plastic table cloths, horrible lighting and little privacy. The span of time between drinks and food was 40 minutes. They brought the food out and it was okay but nothing I couldn't have made at home. Your average steak with a not-so-flavorful coffee rub, the sides edible. The beverage service left alot to be desired as the waitress proceeded to spill my drink on my lap and into my pocketbook, looked down to notice but did not apologize or make any effort to offer a napkin. We ate our meal in less time than it took to be served and sat for a cup of coffee and conversation. We weren't even half way through our coffee when the OWNER asked us to "hurry it up or I will be seating people in your laps." UNBELIEVABLE!!! They took 40 minutes to prepare 6 meals and then have the nerve to charge almost $200 and tell us to leave. I waited a year before coming back and brought my in-laws from out of town. Thought perhaps it was just an off night the first time. They were better on the timing of the food but the waitress claimed that the bread pudding was her all time favorite and we should try it. So we did....cubes of bread...DRY as a bone with spices and a few raisins! HORRIBLE!!! and to top it off, we were asked to leave again. By NO means are we a group of chatty Kathys and as a restaurant that boasts about their professionalism, I saw only rude people, jonesing for a quick buck and seeing how many people they can process in the course of an evening. I suggest going to the Vault or even Irving Big Stop before dropping a dime in their horn of plenty.

• Visited October 2011