“Food Just Okay”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went there with friends and we were seated under a cold air vent in the ceiling. We thought we would freeze! It was a rainy day and definitely not hot. We had our meal and afterward dessert. By that time another table became available and we moved. Next time I will keep an eye on the ceiling. Our waitress was very slow taking our order and we had to wait quite a while to receive our meal.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

For convenience it can't be beat, especially if you are staying at the Shiretown Motor Inn on the way to the Canadian border.

We have eaten here two or three times. We have had some terrible meals, but at least it is available food. The senior choices are large enough portions to satisfy. The grilled fish, however, was lukewarm and the French fries were cold and flaccid. Pies can be great…or not.

Sometimes the service has been pleasant; other times not. Often the restaurant is crowded and noisy - the locals seem to patronize it frequently which must say something.

In sum: it's available food.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Been here many times and have never been disappointed. When I go during my lunch break the staff always makes sure the food arrives in a timely manner.The restaurant is in a truck stop and has traditional diner food with daily specials. It is open 24/7 (the only place in town for late night dining). The food is always excellent. Servers are always friendly. It wont disappoint!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We love to go to Irving's , the location is easy, in downtown Houlton. The restaurant is always clean, and the service is fast. Food is always really good, and the kids are always happy. Great place for a late night snack too!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is our usual stopping point for our annual trip from Nova Scotia to Bangor. We stopped today for lunch. Arrived right at lunch. It wasn't overly busy, which maybe should have been a sign. There were three of us in our group - my husband, our 11 year old and myself. My daughter had the child's portion of grilled cheese and fries, hubby had hamburger and fries and I had a roast turkey dinner. Our daughter's sandwich was greasy, in her words and the fries were seriously undercooked. Hubby's burger was the frozen patty type, not real burger and his fries were also under done. My turkey was extremely dry (I didn't have gravy ....it may have helped). The stuffing was good, and the potato was...well a potato. We waited 20 minutes or longer for our meal, although it was not busy at all. The upside was that portions were large and prices were super low...three of us ate for $22. The experience other visits was much better.