“Disappointed.”
Review of Ivey's Motor Lodge

Ivey's Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed at this motel and we were upset as they did not inform us that we will not have power durning the night. They did not post it on the doors coming in or in our room. They knew the Monday before our reservation on that Friday and did not contact us. I use a machine to sleep with as I stop breathing during the night. Needless to say when my machine stopped I got scared. The manager was very rude and I was very upset as I also have cancer and need my sleep. He was not a very good person and didn't seem to care about my situation. We will never stay there again and we will not recommend this place because of the manager. We have stayed there before and there were no problems. He also down graded our Business Manager and the ATV's. I know this is a little late but I needed to get this out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

I'm Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience here at Ivey's. We do our best to inform all guest of any type of problem that may be within our control. We only learned of the intended power outage on Thursday the day before the power company was to do work on the utility lines. We did post notice in the lobby and in each room notifiying all guests of the area wide power outage. The power was projested to be out for no more than 4 hours. However the power was only out for 47 minutes. We had emergency lighting in all common areas and areas that we felt might pose a potential problem for anyone. The staff member that tried to assist ou did all that was possible at that hour of the morning.
We were still able to provide all guest with our new breakfast and had no other persons that complained or had any complications regarding this situation.
The staff at Ivey's did and tries to do our best with any and all problems that might arise. We are sorry that there was an area wide power outage that was above and beyond our control.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night. We were pleasantly surprised by the squeeky clean spacious room. The bedding was clean and fresh. the bathroom had an oversize shower and thick towels. We were very comfortable and will stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LDJJ

Thank you for your review of Ivey's Motor Lodge.
We are pleased that we met your expectations while here in the Houlton area. I hope that when you return that you will see some of on going improvements. We are alwyas trying to improve on what we have and make it better, We feel that we offer a good nights rest at this time but we hope to make it even better.
From all of the staff and management thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again for all your resting needs while in the Houlton area.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

If you are looking for a quiet and clean overnight spot, this is a good one. The rooms have microwave and minibar for your convenience. The hotel is located right off the Interstate and is close to several dining options. Cheap, clean, and comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new section.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My partner and I were travelling late in the evening and could not find any place in Houlton. We came upon Ivey's Motor Lodge, inquired and received a king size room. Much to our surprise the bed was comfy, the room spacious and impecably clean. We had a great sleep and woke up too early for breakfast, however, the woman who was working at the breakfast bar said it was fine to come on it. The breakfast was pretty good, coffee hot and all was happy. I would recommend this place to anyone who is travelling and would like a nice, clean, friendly place to stay. Thank you to the staff.

Room Tip: We had room 100, very close to the lobby and breakfast, it was a great spot, very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

What a great place. The people are the best. The girl at check-in was very nice and referred us to a great place for dinner. The rooms are large and very clean. We were just passing through and happened upon this motel. Only complaint, real close to the freeway. If the noise is a problem just leave the fan on the room air conditioner running. Full breakfast in the morning, including eggs and such. Not just a Danish and coffee. We would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Visit my property once a year and this is where we stayed. Tried numerous places in area and they don't compare. This is not a 5 star hotel but is still safe and friendly. Also Clean. Also the irish pub is a nice place to sit back and have a few cold ones.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. The first time we stayed in an older room and thought it was decent for the price and the purpose with all the standard ammenities you need for a one night stay. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet. All 50 rooms have since been updated with flat screen TVs and new comfy type linen. The layout of the rooms are not all equal, because the bathroom on our second stay was twice the size and very nice for three ladies sharing.

A new breakfast room across from the front desk has opened since our last visit allowing for a bigger selection then they had. Breakfast is included, but served early and by the time I got there at around 9 AM dishes were empty so I can't comment on the quality. Based on comments from the others though, my impression is that the included breakfast is not up to par with others we have enjoyed. Based on what I saw, I think they need to reconsider the selection they've chosen to make their new investment in a breakfast room a hit with their guests.

There is a Tim Horton's within walking distance... yes fellow Canadians... one last Timmy's until you return home if you're headed south! There is also an Irving Big Stop across the street.

Ivy's website says that the staff takes the time to do the little extras and that's very true. This is a small, well cared for property with thoughtful touches and we will be back.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the parking lot better so you can see your car and it's also more open a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DisneyHeart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
Shiretown Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Houlton
Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!