“Gem of a place!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Holbrook, New York
“Gem of a place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We were 5 people on three harleys on a rainy cold night wandering just hoping to find a place , any place to come in from the rain and we hit gold !!! We came across the Ivey by chance and they welcomed us with open arms and no reservation !! The rooms were awesome , big comfortable and so clean ! I wAs even able to take a soak since it was the first time we found a bathroom clean enough to do so . The staff impecable the breakfast was a great treat , plentiful and hot, when you are going on a bike you really notice the extra care of places!! We even asked if we could stay a little past checkout due to rain and the answer was a happy yes and more coffee if you want it :)) we travel a lot and we cant recommend the Ivey enough, thank you for being the port in our storm!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank latinrn911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Membertou
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great stop over and clean! Fridge and microwave are really handy! Washer and dyer are a bonus.

Great prices too. I would rather say there than Woodstock New Brunswick. Now trying to use up my 200 character per review which kind of sucks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KIMBYMembertou
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We decided on this stop due to the reviews on tripadvsior. We were on a motorcycle trip heading to Nova Scotia. After a long day, this was a welcome stop. Once we got to the room, I was in awe of how clean everything was. It was spotless, I felt so comfortable and we thought so highly of this place, we booked a room for our return trip that same week. I would recommend this motel to all my friends and family. I will definitely be return customer!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
fairfield county, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are frequent visitors to Houlton and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The rooms are well-appointed with ample space, refrigerator and microwave. We appreciated the expanded breakfast room and breakfast menu. Staff are friendly and helpful, especially on our last visit when we just dropped in without a reservation. This location at the end of I-95 and close to the Canadian border has made Ivey's a popular weekend stop. We'll never come without reservations again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just one night. Great service, extremely friendly. Clean updated rooms, very comfortable beds, flatsceen TVs, free WiFi. All great.
The bar was great too... Good wings and beer. The only downside was the breakfast. Eggs were dry and seemed like powdered eggs. The bacon & saugage tasted uncooked and rubbery. The coffee was horrible. It was watery and weak from an instant coffee machine. I went back to the room and used the drip maker to make a passible cup of coffee. Sooooo.... Don't eat the breakfast!!!!
But a great room for the price...

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrVenice
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
MrVenice,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Ivey's Motor Lodge. I'm pleased that our rooms met with your expectations and approval. I'm not happy that our breakfast did not do the same. Ivey's does it's best to provide for a good start breakfast that meets with everyone's approval and expectations. I will make certain that all items are prepared according to specifactions and directions.
We recently installed the coffee maker to assure a more consistent cup of coffee and it seems that this is not the case. I will make sure that the ratio is correct and make these changes.
Again I'm sorry that our breakfast was less than expected.
I hope that if your travels bring you back to Houlton that you try Ivey's and let us know personally if our breakfast has improved.
Thank tou again for your review and I hope you travels are safe.
Manchester, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Extremely clean and comfy. An earlier review of the breakfast coffee stated that it was weak...they appear to have a new Maxwell House machine and the coffee was very good. Beds are very nice. Micro and fridge are a bonus. Good variety at breakfast. We enjoyed the homade waffles.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori M
Thank you for your recent review of Ivey's. The staff here at Ivey's does its best to provide a clean comfortable room and a good start breakfast. I'm pleased that we met with the quality and cleanliness that met your expectations. I'm also pleased to know that the installation of our new coffee maker was able to make an impression and good cup of coffee for you.
We are always trying to improve and hope that if you have any suggestions that you let us know.
Thank you again for giving Ivey's that oppurtunity to assist you with your resting needs while in Houlton and as always have a safe trip!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

As was stated earlier, this is the "Ritz-Carlton of Houlton, Maine". Clean room, wireless internet, great service. Quiet stay. Best place to stay in town. Sits at major intersection of I-95 and Route 1. Close to Walmart and grocery stores.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jdm77345
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Ivey's Motor Lodge. I'm happy to know that Ivey's can be ranked along with the "Ritz Carlon" name. I hope that the prices that we offer don't match theirs. All the staff here at Ivey's tries their best to make it the number one property here not only Houlton but also in the "County".
I hope that we always meet with that quality.
Thank you again for your review.
Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Jacksonville
The Peak Sunset B&B
The Peak Sunset B&B
#1 of 1 in Grafton

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!