Ivey's Motor Lodge
Vacationland Estates(Island Falls)
  • Pool
Bear Paw Inn(Mars Hill)
View Hotel
Katahdin Valley Motel(Sherman Mills)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsirish pubcanadian bordernew brunswickcoffee makerstay there againbreakfast was includedbagelscomfortable bedseasy accessnice breakfastcanadamicrowavemotelmainewalmartbangorconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2010

A colleague had booked us in here for a couple of nights & I was skeptical, but it was an excellent choice. Although I didn't use them the room had a microwave, small fridge, & coffee maker. The furnishings were a bit old, but everything was spotlessly clean. The 2 queen beds were not high end pillow tops, & a bit low to the floor, (the toilet seemed a bit higher then most), but were more comfortable then I expected when i first got in the room. There is a small lounge for a drink & the server & locals were very friendly the 2 nights we stopped in. A local reataurant that was recommended to us by some patrons was the Horn Of Plenty, & it was unbelieveably good. DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SUPPER THERE. I'm going take the 3-1/2 drive up with my wife in the next couple of months just to eat there again

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank NBHabsfan
Reviewed 9 April 2010

If you are en-route and need to stay in Houlton then Ivey's Motor Lodge offers a clean, spacious room. No frills but friendly reception and less traffic noise than many places just off a highway.

Be warned though that there are few resteraunts, other than fast food eateries, in Houlton. Best pick of those is probably the Irving!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank keenvisitor
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We love coming here, can always count on a clean room and friendly staff on our way to PEI. You won't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lavertyds
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Our family had a great comfortable stay at Ivy's...there was a minor problem but once I got in touch with the manager it was resolved. My kids loved the flat screen T.V. My husband and I loved the big spacious rooms. Looking forward to next summer!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank southgagirl71
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I was visiting friends in Houlton and stayed at Iveys. The service was great, the whole motel was very clean. They even have a great lounge! Everyone there was so friendly and helpful. When I go back to Houlton I won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo