“clean & convenient”
Review of Ivey's Motor Lodge

Ivey's Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My husband and I had to come to Houlton, Maine mostly for business but I decided to rent the jacuzzi room for a little leisure. I made our reservations based on what I read on "trip advisor". To both of our pleasant surprise the room was immaculately clean. The jacuzzi was spotless and the linens were very crisp and clean. A far cry away from the rural motor lodge that's next door to a truck stop. The Irving truck stop next door was a stones throw and the food was down home cooking and very affordable for all budgets. The hotel also has WiFi,which was a nice surprise as well. The front desk staff were very friendly without being pretentious. Security cameras and smoke free to boot. All in all, a nice clean comfortable motel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank traveltroll74

Reviewed 3 October 2010

Not too pricey, Not too fancy, and alright . Room was clean and the Bed was comfortable The Internet was a little difficult to login but the guy at the front desk helped me out and was great afterward . TV included Canadian channels and had a DVD player . Great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I were in Maine, He was taking a load to a hospital in Novia Scotia, and I decided to stop in Maine and stay for 2 days and when he returned we decided to stay the weekend. We stay a total of four days. I was very impressed with the quite, quaintness of the hotel. They had all the amenities for the big hotels but it was quite and very relaxing. They do have a no smoking no pet policy and I choose to stay there anyway. my husband and I both smoke. We did not smoke in the room at all. I went outside to enjoy to fresh cool air to smoke, They charged me for smoking in the room anyway. I have contacted them about this and they are suppose to get back with me. I would not have signed their policy if I had intented to smoke in the room. (I would have stayed elsewhere or I would have paid it up front). I enjoyed my stay there one of the desk clerks was a little rude, being from the south he just wasn't as friendly as we are, he wasn't mean or anything. I needed to get away due to the fact that my son passed 2 years ago on that date. I was looking for some quite peaceful and relaxing place, this was it. I did burn candles in my room one night that could be what they considered smoking. I lit the candle in rememberance of my son. Hopefully they will get that extra charge taken care of. Other than that I really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2010

On our way to New Brunswick, we stumbled onto this fabulous little motel by searching for lodging on our GPS. It was very clean and spacious and very reasonably priced. Very friendly and helpful staff. It was one of the best places we stayed on our trip to Maine and New Brunswick!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Ivey's was wonderful. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. We had 2 double beds and each bed had 2 pillows and there were 2 spare pillows. It included a small bar fridge and microwave and the window opened. It was only $72 per night and included a small continental breakfast. Great hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

When we checked into the hotel the clerk was VERY rude( I asked for an extra pillow and she said that the hotel did not supply extras and I could purchase one at the local Walmart) and continued to be rude to the other 30-40 people that we were traveling with. I paid for our room in cash in advance but the rude clerk also put the room on our credit card(their policy is that you have to have a credit card on file) I spoke to the owner Rick and he refunded the card ( which it takes 5-7 days before the money is back in your account) and said he was having problems with this clerk and apologized . On check out one of the ladies that we were traveling with was quoted a price when she booked the room and they tried to charge her $40.00 more when she checked out saying that her 11 and 14 year olds were considered adults. She refused to pay the extra and that she wanted to speak to the manager..the clerk then said it would be ok to pay the first quote. As far as cleanliness the hotel was very clean and the rest of the people at the hotel were nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank brigidpalmyra
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2010

You have stated your point very well, Thank you. I would like to ask if you can provide me with the name of the individual that you have mentioned in your review. As is posted, everyone under the age of 10 stays free here at Ivey's. Unfortunately the owner makes the policies not myself. I try to uphold all of what has been asked of me. The owners feel that a person older than 10 uses just as much water and amenities as an adult. Again, I apologize for the actions of the staff, this situation has been corrected.
Rick.
Managing member.

Reviewed 10 April 2010

A colleague had booked us in here for a couple of nights & I was skeptical, but it was an excellent choice. Although I didn't use them the room had a microwave, small fridge, & coffee maker. The furnishings were a bit old, but everything was spotlessly clean. The 2 queen beds were not high end pillow tops, & a bit low to the floor, (the toilet seemed a bit higher then most), but were more comfortable then I expected when i first got in the room. There is a small lounge for a drink & the server & locals were very friendly the 2 nights we stopped in. A local reataurant that was recommended to us by some patrons was the Horn Of Plenty, & it was unbelieveably good. DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SUPPER THERE. I'm going take the 3-1/2 drive up with my wife in the next couple of months just to eat there again

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank NBHabsfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
Shiretown Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Houlton
Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!