“Good place to stay...Have spent a week every June for years”
Review of Stardust Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houlton
Stardust Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This is a 2/3 star motel at the northern tip of Interstate 95. Owner by Richard, a friendly, accommodating proprietor, with two adorable Yorkshire terriers (rescue dogs) and a turtle. The place is 5 stars clean...and offers all the basic needs...Priced competitively for the area, it is a great choice to for all travelers....Fisherman Friendly................Rooms are large and comfortable, with additional furniture beyond beds....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JohnMcNulty
There are newer reviews for Stardust Motel

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Hi, I stayed one night at this hotel. The room was clean, trendy room, internet funtionable-dialup. Room to park, only one other individual was in another room as a guest, so it was undoubtly quiet. My thought since then is this, should I, or should I not return to this motel when I go in that area for a business trip again! When I signed in, thinking it was coming near a weekend, I wanted quietness. So, I asked the owner for a room on the end, so I would not be in the middle of much noise, if that were to arrise. I was tired from a half day trip, and wanted hopefully peace, and quietness. It did not matter to me which end I was on. He abruptly accused me of wanting to sneak someone in my room for the night, without his knowledge! How appauling, I stayed because I was new to the area, and swallowed his more than rude presumption! I in no means even look like the type, much less am the type that would! Not knowing the area, nor the other motel prices, needless to say I stayed one night only being exhausted from my trip, and checked out as a paying only single room paying customer. Sensibility tells me not ever again. Courtesy is a must for any business, it comes first, and foremost.
I am just thankfull I did not have any business client(s) meet me in the motel. Who knows what they would have been told~or said about me/them if that were the case. This person deffinately needs some people skills!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank businesstravel_11
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We couldn't ask for more! Richard was a very hospitable and extremely helpful host. We are looking to relocate to this area from California, and his knowledge of the area (ie: the places to go and local weather trends, etc.) was very appreciated. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, much more than we expected for such a great value! If you stay here, you must also go eat at the Blue Moose Restaurant...it is only about 9 miles up the road and was SO worth the little trek for three inexperienced California people, driving through a snowstorm to get there. We can't say enough about The Stardust - very conveniently located to several restaurants and coffee shops. Also, it's right on a main route so the road was kept maintained throughout snow. Don't waste your time looking around, just stay here!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kylie919
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Based upon the prior reviews, I reserved a room on our recent road trip. When our plans had to change, I called several days in advance to cancel. The person to whom I spoke said, "OK" and hung up on me. Not the slightest hint of courtesy. Frankly, I would not go out of my way to make another reservation -- I would rather drive the extra miles to Bangor or Fredericton.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank originalbluefrog
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We found the Stardust Motel to be what the Trip Advisor reviewers said. It was very very clean and inexpensive -$75. Our room featured a new airconditioner, refrigerator, and air purifier. The beds were comfortable. A great motel if you simply need a place to stay to go off somewhere the next day.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PKWMassachusetts
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I travel frequently on business and have Stardust on speeddial. The rooms are blazingly clean, the owner more than accommodating, and the dogs are cute too (I'm not a dog fan). I hate to reveal what a great place this is to stay because I don't want to be turned away because the masses found this gem in Houlton.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Once again the Stardust comes glimmering through the snow. We stayed 3 nights on our annual sled trip and it was the same high quality as it has been in the past. It is not the Ritz or the Hilton. But it is clean, quiet, fun and affordable. This is what matters really. The owner/manager is out flat and runs it solo, but he has his shoulder to the wheel and it shows. We will be back again. Certainly.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!