“Rude”
Review of Stardust Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houlton
Stardust Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Houlton, Maine
“Rude”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stopped here when other motels were full in the area due to a large community function.I had a cat in a carrier who is very old and no trouble.I was rudely told NO pets except service animals
(there was a small sign indicating this)I had to sleep in my car as a result in terrible weather conditions.I confer often with people crossing the border and who need accommodations in the area.I would never send them here whether they had pets on not.I wish someone would reopen the Scottish Inn.Houlton desperately needs this location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Jim B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stopped here for a night on our way to Canada. We were pleasantly surprised by this place as it didn't have much eye appeal. The manager is very nice and we were happy with our choice. Economical, clean and easily accessible, what more can you ask for wihout much advance notice?
We recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank PennsylvaniYA
Manchester
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is just what it is said to be- clean and comfortable. The exterior needs a little TLC but the rooms are large and adequately furnished. The beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately for a motorcyclist there are no restaurants withing walking distance. Also, it sits parallel to a busy road. So, I wasn't able to sleep with the windows open. Fortunately, the air conditioner worked and was reasonably quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TLM1940
Honeoye Falls, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at the Stardust Motel on our way to Newfoundland. We found the owner, Richard, to be a very pleasant man. He obviously takes great pride in his property. It is a very clean property and very comfortable. We had large rooms with a mini refrigerator in each room. The bathrooms were similarly immaculately clean. There is wired internet only, and I forgot my ethernet cord. Richard let me use one that he had all ready for such an occasion. I would not hesitate to stay there again. As a bonus, Richard has two small adorable dogs and a pet turtle that make for great entertainment. You can't go wrong this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ChristineCarla
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Canada. We were looking for something small and inexpensive but without going to a bigger chain hotel you almost never know what you are going to see when you open the door. The rooms were dated but immaculately clean. Best of all the whole room smelled clean and fresh. Places like this are the ones that keep me coming to small motels. I also found it interesting that they heat all the hot water with wood! Overall a very nice stay!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank WeAreTheGreens
All Over, Maine
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Just finished a 3 week stay for business. While the Stardust may look old-fashioned from the outside, it is unbelievably clean and quite comfortable. The owner is most accommodating-- he always remembers to put an internet cable in my room. He strives to meet the needs of his guests. From the resident turtle to the sweet, tiny dogs, I always look forward to staying at the Stardust when I have business in the County.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank MileageLogger
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2012

stayed here again on the way back from florida - room 15 is very clean, recently painted and well appointed for $65. Good high speed and satellite tv. Good heat! quiet location compared to downtown. I will always stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Gary610
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Knights Inn Woodstock
Knights Inn Woodstock
#1 of 1 in Jacksonville

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!