“Clean and Economical”
Review of Stardust Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houlton
Stardust Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
NB
“Clean and Economical”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

There isn't much options for hotels in Houlton but this was good for one night for my mom and I. We just wanted a clean place to stay for the night at a good price and for $70, it was great for us. This place was actually cleaner than a Holiday Inn I've stayed at, at an even higher price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Lisa W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greenfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were on our way to PEI and needed a place to stay on our way from VT. The room was large, spotless and very well maintained. The rug was pristine, the beds quite comfortable, the bathroom easy to maneuver. The owner recommended a nice restaurant in the downtown area less than a ten minute ride away.
We'd stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Houlton, Maine
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stopped here when other motels were full in the area due to a large community function.I had a cat in a carrier who is very old and no trouble.I was rudely told NO pets except service animals
(there was a small sign indicating this)I had to sleep in my car as a result in terrible weather conditions.I confer often with people crossing the border and who need accommodations in the area.I would never send them here whether they had pets on not.I wish someone would reopen the Scottish Inn.Houlton desperately needs this location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Jim B
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stopped here for a night on our way to Canada. We were pleasantly surprised by this place as it didn't have much eye appeal. The manager is very nice and we were happy with our choice. Economical, clean and easily accessible, what more can you ask for wihout much advance notice?
We recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank PennsylvaniYA
Manchester
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is just what it is said to be- clean and comfortable. The exterior needs a little TLC but the rooms are large and adequately furnished. The beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately for a motorcyclist there are no restaurants withing walking distance. Also, it sits parallel to a busy road. So, I wasn't able to sleep with the windows open. Fortunately, the air conditioner worked and was reasonably quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TLM1940
Honeoye Falls, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay at the Stardust Motel on our way to Newfoundland. We found the owner, Richard, to be a very pleasant man. He obviously takes great pride in his property. It is a very clean property and very comfortable. We had large rooms with a mini refrigerator in each room. The bathrooms were similarly immaculately clean. There is wired internet only, and I forgot my ethernet cord. Richard let me use one that he had all ready for such an occasion. I would not hesitate to stay there again. As a bonus, Richard has two small adorable dogs and a pet turtle that make for great entertainment. You can't go wrong this motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ChristineCarla
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Canada. We were looking for something small and inexpensive but without going to a bigger chain hotel you almost never know what you are going to see when you open the door. The rooms were dated but immaculately clean. Best of all the whole room smelled clean and fresh. Places like this are the ones that keep me coming to small motels. I also found it interesting that they heat all the hot water with wood! Overall a very nice stay!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank WeAreTheGreens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!