“Clean, Safe, Reasonable”
Review of Stardust Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Houlton
Stardust Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just completed a week at this motel as part of an annual fishing trip in Maine. The motel is owned and operated by a great guy (Richard) who lives on the property. It is an older property, but has been well maintained. The rooms are spacious, clean, and reasonable for the area. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to travelers passing through the area...ATV and snowmobile enthusiast will find this property accommodating with access to local trails.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnMcNulty
There are newer reviews for Stardust Motel

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We only found 3 options for overnight accommodations in Houlton, Maine. This motel was a couple miles off rt. 95. Rooms were neat and clean, no frills. They did have a refrigerator, but no ice machine. Fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank papergirl60
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Not only were the beds hard but believe it or not the pillows were actually hard as rocks too! The sound of traffic going by is pretty unbearable. This motel is located right along the main drag and the sound of tractor trailers all night made this stay pretty miserable. It was just an overnight stay but between the hardness of the beds and pillows and the noise we would have been better off continuing on to a more populated area.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there being a good room as this is a one floor motel and right along the main hi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl N
Reviewed 6 August 2013

There isn't much options for hotels in Houlton but this was good for one night for my mom and I. We just wanted a clean place to stay for the night at a good price and for $70, it was great for us. This place was actually cleaner than a Holiday Inn I've stayed at, at an even higher price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were on our way to PEI and needed a place to stay on our way from VT. The room was large, spotless and very well maintained. The rug was pristine, the beds quite comfortable, the bathroom easy to maneuver. The owner recommended a nice restaurant in the downtown area less than a ten minute ride away.
We'd stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stopped here when other motels were full in the area due to a large community function.I had a cat in a carrier who is very old and no trouble.I was rudely told NO pets except service animals
(there was a small sign indicating this)I had to sleep in my car as a result in terrible weather conditions.I confer often with people crossing the border and who need accommodations in the area.I would never send them here whether they had pets on not.I wish someone would reopen the Scottish Inn.Houlton desperately needs this location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stopped here for a night on our way to Canada. We were pleasantly surprised by this place as it didn't have much eye appeal. The manager is very nice and we were happy with our choice. Economical, clean and easily accessible, what more can you ask for wihout much advance notice?
We recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PennsylvaniYA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 3 in Houlton
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Stardust Motel? Share your experiences!