“Elm Tree Diner is a Must Visit in Houlton”
Review of Elm Tree Diner

Elm Tree Diner
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Houlton
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I like the Elm Tree Diner and I make a point of dropping in for lunch most every time I'm in Houlton. Even if I don't have lunch, I'll pick up their Whoopie Pies to take home.

The food is always good and very consistent in quality. Staff are great and give good service. My favourites are BLT, Western or Reuben. Deserts are super with big selection and bigger portions. Don't go if you're on a diet!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

tiny lil cafe or bistro if you will at back of their great shop!!!!...Excellent fresh food...quiche is top notch...great salads!...looking for a great lunch...this is the place to go!!!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The servings are huge! The food is delicious! The service is excellent! Prices are reasonable. Lots of homemade entrees and desserts. We will eat there again when we are in the area.
We didn't have to wait long for our food. It was served hot off the "grill."

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nothing much offered in restaurants in Houlton....The courtyard cafe is excellent....much to our disappointment....it is now closed until 3pm!....What....no one eats lunch in Houlton??....Go figure!....We were advised to go outside town 10 minutes to The Elm Tree Cafe!....It was very busy...very clean, and the food very good! We took a bit to finally get served....but ok because the staff were going full speed!...the home made fries were delicious!!....They had the cleanest washrooms I ever saw in a restaurant!....Great basic lunches....and they also served full bodied clams!!...we would go back...not only because it is one of almost nowhere to eat in Bangor!

1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This restaurant has been in Houlton for as long as I can remember. I've had great meals and some not so great meals. It is a traditional diner. Recent updates to the inside make it look nice. Last time I was there the service was really lacking unfortunately. They had a lot of teenagers working with seemingly no management watching them. The food was average, I have certainly had better there before. We were there for lunch and I had a burger. We will go back since it has been nice many times in the past. Worth a try if you are in town.