“"Home Away From Home"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cozy Cove Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackman
Cozy Cove Cabins
MA
“"Home Away From Home"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Where do I begin! This was the BEST getaway we ever had! We arrived to Cozy Cove Cabins after check-in time but they left the door to our cabin unlocked and said stop by in the morning to pay for the room. Now that's hospitality. Walked over to the office and met Steve outside then introduced ourselves to Tami. They were so friendly, it was like being with family. They told us about the local attractions and restaurants in town. Cabins were very "cozy" as the name says it all. We will be back sooner than later. Thanks for having us!!!
[---]

Cleanliness
1 Thank Elisha M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Portland, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

My boyfriend and I reserved their "best" cabin for a weekend in late February, to try and get away for a bit. On arrival, the cabin smelled old and stale. The first thing that irritated both of us was the fact that their is not really a door on the bathroom, there are two western saloon shutters instead, making the bathroom far from private. This, in addition to the fact that the walls did not go all the way to the ceiling, leaving a huge gap so that everything can be heard all throughout the cabin. Since it was just the two of us, it was not a huge deal, but the website said that this cabin could sleep 4, so that could make for an uncomfortable stay. Next, the Whirlpool tub that was in the bathroom was filled with bugs and more importantly, spiders, and that theme seemed to follow the entire cabin, nothing was overly clean, including our bedding. There was a sign stating not to strip the bed when you leave, telling me that the duvet cover is re-used between guests, which is something that I just cannot handle. This brings me to our bed. Both the "master bedroom" bed and the daybed are like sleeping on concrete. I slept maybe 4 hours total, for both nights that we stayed in this cabin, making our "romantic vacation" less than fabulous. The beds are hard and completely uncomfortable, and as I mentioned, far from clean. There are SO many rules that go along with staying in that cabin and from what I've heard, all of the others as well, including one that forbids you to cook maple bacon. The worst part about this rule is that you are completely unaware of it until you arrive, at which time, most people have already done their grocery shopping. The owners also do not provide you with paper towels for the cabin, and basically the only thing that they do provide is toilet paper and some dishes that you should definitely wash before you use them, since the guests before you were responsible for “washing” them. Along with washing your own dishes, you are also expected to make sure that the cabin is completely clean when you checkout. I obviously would not have left a mess, but knowing that I was expected to clean a place that I was paying to stay at, really seemed to rub me the wrong way. This was just the icing on the cake for me, making me completely irritated that we had chosen to stay here at all. The only good things about our stay was the fact that Jackman is a very cute town, with some amazing views. We also traveled across the way to Greenville on one of the days, which was also very fun. I would not recommend that anyone stays here, unless you do not mind a ton of ridiculous rules and a not-so-clean cabin, in that case you should be all set. We, however, were very unimpressed that we spent almost $300.00 on a cabin that had the potential to be an oasis, but instead was more of a burden than anything else.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kay201
Norridgewock, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Tammi and Steve are great. cute cabins. Clean. I had one of my best vacations here.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joannc120
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackman
The Mountainview Resort
#1 of 1 in Parlin Pond
Sky Lodge Cabins
Sky Lodge Cabins
#2 of 4 in Jackman

Been to Cozy Cove Cabins? Share your experiences!