“Clean and Cozy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jonesboro
Blueberry Patch Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My Wife and I stayed here July of 2013 and loved it so much we came back a few days later to do more (ocean) kayaking in the area. Not only does this area offer country stores and restaurants, but friendly local small towns. Then we were able to come and relax in a clean cozy room. The owners were very friendly as well.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others so inquire if you need extra space. This a quite a remote area, b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YakSailor

Reviewed 27 October 2013

In early October, we stayed the night at the Blueberry Patch Motel and I must say it is a true "GEM" This is the nicest small family owned motel we have stayed at in a very long time. The owners, the Alleys, are wonderful, friendly, down to earth people who obviously care about their business. The attention to detail in the remodeling they have done is very noticeable. When I opened the door to the room, I felt like I was staying in a friend's guest room. Everything was very clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated and reasonable. The towels, bedspreads, and decorations, in general, were not the generic type you find in a large chain motel and I found this VERY refreshing. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone. If you pass this by, you have missed out on a great experience. This was, as the Maine saying goes "the way life should be". We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Carole M
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here in early October, just after the gov't shutdown closed Acadia N.P. We asked for a cabin, because we craved quiet after hearing our neighbors in other lodgings. Ours was a remodeled 1930's tourist cabin, well away from the highway, with a comfortable bed, a fridge and microwave, a TV, and a very basic but clean and functional bathroom (shower, no tub.) It was cool that night, so we turned up the modern Rinnai heater, which worked great. They offer good coffee and snacks in the office in the morning. This is a no-frills place, but very well maintained and run. We were comfortable, slept well, and felt welcome. That's what I look for in a lodging.
We walked some of the local roads after arriving. The road the cabins are built along was Highway 1 until it was relocated. Now it's on the back of the property. This is a beautiful part of Maine, without the intense tourism further south. We had a great Lobster dinner and egg breakfast at The Bluebird Ranch, in Machias. If we ever return to Maine, we'll put the Blueberry Patch on our list.

Room Tip: For extra quiet, we found the tourist cabins quite good.
2  Thank RedDog323
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My sister and I were very fortunate to book the last room on Columbus Day weekend. The room was clean, newly remodeled and roomy to walk around in. The TV was super easy to use, WiFi was available, with a fridge and microwave too. The blueberry theme throughout the room made us feel at home. The price compared to everything else in the area was spectacular. We had a chance to talk to the owners over coffee and donuts in the morning. They recommended a beach nearby and it was everything they said it was. We will recommend this family owned motel to everyone we know.

Room Tip: All the rooms were equal. Would be interested to try out a cabin when they are open in the summer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn T
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have stayed at many motels and the Blueberry Motel is the most comfortable motel by far. The room was clean and fresh, the atmosphere was warm and cozy and the staff (owners) helpful and friendly. The roads around the Motel are great for walking, the views of the water are spectacular and the air is fresh and salty from the ocean breeze.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed here seven of the last eight trips I have made to this area. I should have reserved a room that last time, in the summer. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean and inviting. And the front desk staff are exceptionally friendly.

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms but they do have little cottages as well. I have never stayed in the cottage...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Clean, comfortable, and very reasonable. We slept well on the good mattress. The owners were very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and nearby destinations. These people care about their property and know how to treat their customers. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Blueberry Patch Motel? Share your experiences!