“Best meal ever!!”

Academe at The Kennebunk Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Academe at The Kennebunk Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grove St.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A perfect meal! Started with home-made marshmallows in the hot chocolate -dreamy! Delicious corn chowder, awesome avocado fritters, hot hot hot fresh dinner rolls (crispy outside airy inside). We had the surf & turf & their amazing lobster pot pie. WoW! They obviously take great pride in their cooking. The kids menu is wondeful (even includes a lobster roll option). My kids had quesadilla & salmon. Great fresh healthy food. They do also have the 'standard' kid stuff (mac, burger...) But it was nice to have better options @ kid prices. Dessert comes in 2 sizes (regular & moderation). We had salted caramel home-made ice cream & fried oreos. Both amazing!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Lobster pot pie and the service made it a lovely dinner. Could use a bit of updating. Charming old inn.

1  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Second visit and second time I sent the meal back. This time I ordered their famous lobster pie. The minute I stirred it I saw little bits of lobster. I proceeded to take out the bits. It contained 1 part of a claw and 4 0r 5 bits of knuckle meat. Finally I opted for the crab cake. It was better.We will not frequent this establishment again. Could find better in the mid-west.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've been in Maine for the last few weeks and have tried several local places. After walking past this restaurant and seeing the sign about Lobster Pot Pie, I decided to look into it. After seeing so many good reviews, I decided to eat there tonight. The restaurant is very charming. Our waitress was very nice and accommodating. The pot pie was delicious. It was a bit expensive at $21.95 for a small serving, but it was filling and the pastry on top was delicious. The other two with me had the surf and turf and said it was delicious too. We also had the nachos for an appetizer and it was very good too. It was definitely a good decision to eat at this restaurant. I would suggest it.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

great food great atmosphere just on the outskirts of kennebunkport lobster was great atmosphere was great service wonderful and very personable the people there made us feel very welcomed